From a size 28 to a healthy size 12 - super slimmer Alison shows off her new figure
- Credit: Alison Gardiner lost 8.5 stone before becoming a Slimming World consultant. Picture: ALISON GARDINER
Alison Gardiner used to loathe clothes shopping and getting ready to go out always ended in drama - but not anymore.
She has dropped seven dress sizes - and gone from a 28 to a svelte size 12-14 - and is now using her success to help others shift the pounds
She said: “In my day-to-day life it had a huge impact on my self confidence – even though most of my friends and family were probably unaware of how I was feeling because I always put on a happy face.”
Alison’s problems with her weight started in her late teens when she began to take control of her own eating and became lazier.
She attempted hundreds of different diets, successfully losing weight by restricting her calory intake and maximising her weightloss. However every time she would simply put it straight back on when she returned to eating normally.
After being fed up of fad diets she decided to join Slimming World in 2015 and completely revamped her lifestyle and eating habits. After having huge success with her weight loss regime and getting down to a size 12/14, she then became a Slimming World consultant last summer wanting to help others achieve the same goals.
The 44-year-old has now opened a second group at 5.30pm on Thursdays after noticing high numbers of people joining her 7.30pm class since Christmas.
- 1 Police carry out 'pre-planned' operation in Felixstowe road
- 2 Suffolk's top 10 fish and chip shops as voted by our readers - now pick a winner
- 3 Crash involving ambulance closes Ipswich road
- 4 Double drink driver who killed Jennifer, 32, jailed six years and eight months
- 5 Notcutts submit detailed plans for 14 homes on the edge of Ipswich
- 6 See inside stunning £1.15m home a stone's throw away from Christchurch Park
- 7 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 8 Richest people in East Anglia revealed on Sunday Times Rich List
- 9 Ipswich salon to offer free gent's haircut at Suffolk Show
- 10 Suffolk fish and chip van to feature on Escape to the Country
Ms Gardiner is one of 14 consultants in Ipswich who offer 23 different slimming groups offering advice and support.
“I am really excited to be opening my second session,” she said.
“This is not something I ever imagined doing and it really pushes all my boundaries.
“The number of people coming along to my group has exploded in January so I have decided to offer a second session.
“I’m really passionate about the group because I know first-hand how it works and how it has changed my life – it is finally a plan I have been able to stick to.”
Ms Gardiner, who works in an office, said she spent most of her adult life overweight and unhappy with her appearance before she decided to really commit to losing weight.
She added: “Since I became a consultant in May my group have lost a total of 140 stone – which is amazing.”
The group meets once a week at Copleston Sixth Form centre. The sessions involve weekly weigh-ins and discussing healthy eating plans, with recipe ideas to give members specific targets for the week ahead.
For more information see here.