‘I feel like a different women’ says super slimmer who lost third of her own weight
- Credit: Archant
A woman who lost a third of her own weight by dropping 5st and eight dress sizes is in the running for a slimmer of the year prize.
Sally Murphy, 53, from The Shotley Peninsula, is representing Holbrook’s Slimming World group at the nationwide Slimming World Woman of the Year 2018 competition after falling from more than 15st to 10st 6.5lbs in seven months.
She also went from a size 20 to a size 12.
The 53-year-old will now go forward to the regional finals of the competition, putting her in the running for the national title which will be announced in November.
The winner will take home a £3,000 cash prize or a five-day holiday in Mexico.
Anne-Marie Sinclair, who runs the Holbrook group, says: “I’m so proud of Sally. She’s a fantastic ambassador for Slimming World and what she’s achieved is nothing short of incredible.
“She’s a huge inspiration to everyone in our group and I hope she inspires other women – and men – in Holbrook to change their lives in the same way.”
- 1 Man in 40s stabbed at town centre multi-storey car park
- 2 Fuel protests: Twelve miles of queues reported on A12
- 3 Ellie makes impressive prom entrance - in a truck
- 4 Tent, kitchen units and bedding dumped in 'unsightly' fly-tipping
- 5 Ipswich man, 27, arrested after stabbing in Bury St Edmunds car park
- 6 Jailed in June: The Suffolk criminals locked up last month
- 7 Man order to sign sex offenders' registers for possessing indecent images
- 8 15 of the best photos from Ipswich Music Day 2022
- 9 Interactive map reveals the Suffolk neighbourhoods with highest Covid rates
- 10 Keys secured as 'Goliath' £1.2m needed to restore burned down church
Ms Murphy lost 8lbs in her first week at Slimming World and continued to be amazed by the changes she was able to make.
She said: “I feel like a different woman to the one who walked into Slimming World seven months ago.
“I remember feeling like there was no hope when it came to my weight, but I’ve realised that when people believe in you – and you believe in yourself – you can do anything you set your mind to.”