Smoke alarm saves man in flat blaze

A SMOKE alarm is believed to have saved an Ipswich man from serious injury or death when fire broke out in the flat below him.Fire crews were called to the blaze in Woodbridge Road, just before midnight to find the ground floor flat well alight.

A SMOKE alarm is believed to have saved an Ipswich man from serious injury or death when fire broke out in the flat below him.

Fire crews were called to the blaze in Woodbridge Road, just before midnight to find the ground floor flat well alight.

A man living in the flat upstairs was alerted to the incident by his smoke alarm and escaped harm.

The alarm was raised at 23.47 last night.


You may also want to watch:


Police were called to the address and a spokesman told The Evening Star they are waiting for a report from the fire service as to the cause of the blaze, which could have been started deliberately.

It is not known whether the ground floor flat was being lived in.

Most Read

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus