Smoking dishwasher sparks alarm at home in Gloucester Road, Ipswich

File picture of Suffolk fire engines.

File picture of Suffolk fire engines. - Credit: Sarah Lucy brown

Firefighters were called to a home in Ipswich this afternoon after the owner spotted smoke coming from the dishwasher.

Crews from Ipswich East and Princes Street fire stations were called to the house in Gloucester Road, at 12.27pm.

A smell of burning had been reported in the area so three fire engines were dispatched to the scene.

They homeowner said by 1.15pm and no-one was harmed, a Suffolk fire spokesman said.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter