Snake rescued in house fire
A PET snake was rescued from a house in Mildenhall today after fire broke out in the sitting room of a home.The occupiers of the Emmanuel Close home had a lucky escape when the blaze broke out at about 1.
A PET snake was rescued from a house in Mildenhall today after fire broke out in the sitting room of a home.
The occupiers of the Emmanuel Close home had a lucky escape when the blaze broke out at about 1.45am today.
A cigarette had been left burning in the lounge and had ignited a sofa.
Smoke alarms were fitted in the house but they did not have working batteries.
You may also want to watch:
Fire crews from Mildenhall and Newmarket tackled the blaze which was under control by 2.20am.
- 1 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 2 The Walk in Ipswich town centre cordoned off by police
- 3 Woman sexually assaulted near Ipswich Waterfront
- 4 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 5 'We don't want them here' - Work continues to make Maple Park safer
- 6 Felixstowe's mayor offers reassurance following lorry park death arrests
- 7 'I will miss her enormously' - husband's tribute to NHS hero Carol
- 8 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 9 Tributes paid to inspirational Ipswich teenager Harrison Boyd, 13
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: J Block gang members and man who attacked train station staff