October 2002: Proposals for SnOasis unveiled.
During 2003: Widespread support for scheme from winter sports officials.
June 18 2004: Formal planning application lodged with Mid Suffolk Council.
July 2004: Consortium of parish councils set up to oppose development, appoint former county councillor John Williams as their spokesman.
November 2004: Application was due to be discussed by Mid Suffolk Council - put off until January 2005.
December 2004: Developers told application will not be discussed until the end of April 2005.
- 1 Man 'punched and slashed' in serious assault in car park at Ipswich B&M
- 2 Ellie uses 4 tonne truck to make impressive entrance at school prom
- 3 Ipswich firm admits mis-selling foam loft insulation to Suffolk customers
- 4 'Fantastic opportunity' as Ipswich's Thomas Wolsey pub listed for sale
- 5 New restaurant could be coming to the Waterfront, but theatre plans dropped
- 6 Road closed after crash leaves pedestrian injured and vehicle in ditch
- 7 23-year-old Felixstowe woman pleads guilty to assault
- 8 5 award-winning restaurants in and around Ipswich you need to visit
- 9 Burger van owner's anger after thieves steal food from trailer in Ipswich
- 10 Search ongoing for 29-year-old Suffolk man missing for three weeks
April 2006: Mid Suffolk Council's planning referral committee backs SnOasis
January 2007: Public inquiry into the SnOasis development begins
May 2007: Public inquiry is completed and public inspector John Gray sets about preparing his recommendation to government
May 2008: Government announces support for SnOasis but wants a series of issues to be addressed before final consent is granted
November 6, 2008: SnOasis gets go ahead