Snow falling in parts of Suffolk
SNOW was falling in parts of Suffolk at breakfast-time, causing fresh dangers for drivers as the rush-hour got underway.The snow was sweeping across the Norfolk border and also down the Suffolk coast.
SNOW was falling in parts of Suffolk at breakfast-time, causing fresh dangers for drivers as the rush-hour got underway.
The snow was sweeping across the Norfolk border and also down the Suffolk coast.
People in Beccles reported snowfall, also in Eye and Diss, and as far south as Framlingham, Saxmundham and Martlesham.
Police said there had been no major accidents overnight and urged people to drive carefully.
The A140 Ipswich to Norwich road was partially blocked near the junction with the A146 after a vehicle skidded into a barrier, and drivers on the A143 were experiencing heavy snow.
- 1 Look inside stunning £950k home close to Christchurch Park in Ipswich
- 2 Take a look inside 15th Century farmhouse near Ipswich up for sale
- 3 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 4 A12 partially reopens after crash near Copdock Interchange
- 5 Lorry overturns on A14 roundabout in Felixstowe
- 6 Motorist angry over £100 'fine' at Ipswich car park
- 7 BrewDog, The Botanist and other reasons to be positive about Ipswich town centre
- 8 5 roadworks in Suffolk for motorists to avoid this week
- 9 Jailed in Suffolk: The county's criminals locked up in the last week
- 10 Tattingstone 'suitcase murder': 'Never too late' say police on 55th anniversary
Action was being taken to deal with a burst water main at Great Livermere.
Further afield, a car had overturned where the A14 meets the A1.