Snow globe, food stalls and choirs required: When is the 2016 Ipswich Christmas Market?
- Credit: citizenside.com
The market held in Ipswich each year in the run up to Christmas is a bit of a festive favourite in the town.
Offering dozens of stalls selling food, drink and other products like hand-made jewellery and knitwear, it usually attracts thousands of people.
This year the free event takes place from December 9 to 11 (10am to 6pm Friday and Saturday, 10am to 4pm on Sunday), extending from Butter Market through to Giles Circus, King Street, Queen Street and Princes Street.
As well as the stalls there will be fairground rides for children and a free photographic snow globe for you to have your picture taken in.
There will also be a bar at the market and entertainment from local bands and groups such as the Ipswich Hospital Band and Pop Chorus, the latter performing in aid of St Elizabeth Hospice.
Organiser Ipswich Borough Council is also looking for more singers to take part and give voice to some favourite carols.
If there are any choirs that would like to get involved should email email@example.com.
- 1 Man dies following single vehicle crash near Ipswich
- 2 Push for 4 day work week in Suffolk after company's profits soar 200%
- 3 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 4 Carer avoids jail after fraudulently obtaining £3,500 at Ipswich home
- 5 Wahoo skating shop moving from Ipswich to Woodbridge
- 6 Drug dealer escapes jail after £3k worth of cannabis found at home
- 7 Hunt for Vicky's killer continues nearly six months after suspect arrested
- 8 Ipswich shop owner among UK's top 100 female business women
- 9 Man charged in connection of drug offences in Ipswich
- 10 Van driver in his 20s dies in Elmswell crash