Snow on the way
BRACE yourself for snow, sleet, hail and uncomfortably low temperatures because weather experts say they could all hit Ipswich over the weekend.Temperatures are expected to plummet to 2C at their maximum on Saturday and Sunday and the news for early next week is not much better.
BRACE yourself for snow, sleet, hail and uncomfortably low temperatures because weather experts say they could all hit Ipswich over the weekend.
Temperatures are expected to plummet to 2C at their maximum on Saturday and Sunday and the news for early next week is not much better.
"There are indications it's going to get colder," The Evening Star weatherman Ken Blowers said.
He added: "As we go into next week I think there's a fairly good chance we're going to have for the first time this winter a real taste of winter."
You may also want to watch:
Easterly winds coming from Germany and further east are the cause of the cold temperatures.
"Wintery showers will be coming down from the North Sea but they can always fall as snow, sleet or hail," Mr Blowers said.
- 1 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich
- 2 Farmfoods set to move in as Aldi confirms closure of store on Ipswich estate
- 3 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 4 Man and woman arrested after Ipswich stabbing
- 5 Pair who hid murderer are among trio jailed for running drug syndicate
- 6 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 7 Is a new tenant lined up to move into Ancient House in Ipswich?
- 8 70-year-old woman arrested in connection with human trafficking offences
- 9 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 10 Could Ipswich Debenhams become hub for health and leisure?
Experts at The Weather Outlook have warned of "a very cold spell" expected to last at least five days which could bring heavy and widespread snow.
Eastern England is expected to be among the areas that will be worst hit.