Solicitors to close Ipswich office
Solicitors firm Merricks is to close its Ipswich office, where it began operating 20 years ago.The move is part of a planned restructuring of the firm, a limited liability partnership, and follows its merger last year with Fairmays Solicitors of London.
Solicitors firm Merricks is to close its Ipswich office, where it began operating 20 years ago.
The move is part of a planned restructuring of the firm, a limited liability partnership, and follows its merger last year with Fairmays Solicitors of London.
From October 1, the three fee earners currently based at Ipswich will transfer to the firm's Chelmsford office, together with some administrative support staff.
The firm says that other support staff – including those in finance roles, thought to number up to 15 – will be offered relocation to either the Chelmsford or Birmingham offices in order to avoid "any unnecessary redundancies".
You may also want to watch:
A spokeswoman for the firm said that it was too early to say how many people would transfer or be made redundant. She added that the closure had been planned for some time, with some people already having transferred from Ipswich.
The firm's Birmingham office has just moved into larger premises as a result of increased volumes of work and expansion is also expected to continue at the recently relocated Manchester branch.
- 1 Car crashes into cafe closing Ipswich road
- 2 Ipswich man charged with dangerous driving following Audi crash in Norwich Road
- 3 Person taken to hospital after collision in Sainsbury's car park in Ipswich
- 4 Women facing prison after admitting robbery in Ipswich
- 5 New special school planned for former BT site
- 6 Rolling road block put in place on A14 after concerns for safety
- 7 Men sentenced for 'vicious' attack in Ipswich churchyard
- 8 Ipswich traffic measure 'on its way out' as petition launched
- 9 Kenyan school chums meet by 'unbelievable chance' at Suffolk village fete
- 10 Look inside beautiful £1.2million home with a pool near Felixstowe