Some disruption to Ipswich and Colchester trains due to overrunning engineering works
- Credit: Archant
Trains to and from Ipswich and Colchester have been disrupted this morning following overrunning enginneering work near Marks Tey.
Greater Anglia says services between Ipswich and Witham are returning to normal but some trains may still be cancelled, delayed by up to 30 minutes or revised.
The line has reopened, but disruption is expected until 7.30am this morning.
Greater Anglia is running a full service during RMT strikes today and tomorrow.
The rail company said on its website: “A 60 per cent of Greater Anglia trains do not have conductors. These are mainly commuter trains into London Liverpool Street from Essex, Cambridge, Hertfordshire and Ipswich.
“Contingency staff have been trained to the same standard as other conductors in order to operate the rest of the service.
You may also want to watch:
“Greater Anglia remains open to talks with the RMT in order to avert further industrial action.”
- 1 Updated: Bury Road reopened after two car collision near BMW garage
- 2 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 3 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 4 Semi-pro footballer ready to kickstart Football Fun Factory in Ipswich
- 5 Three fire engines called to Ipswich flat fire
- 6 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 7 New details emerge about diesel spill which closed A14 for 12 hours
- 8 Tributes paid to inspirational Ipswich teenager Harrison Boyd, 13
- 9 Ipswich woman's drug dealing confiscation hearing adjourned
- 10 Ipswich council faces financial black hole over empty BHS store