Songs just keep coming for Jim
WHAT do singers Andy Williams, Dean Martin and Tony Christie have in common?Today, they have been united by football as their famous tunes are behind the entries in The Evening Star's bid to find a chant for Ipswich Town's new manager Jim Magilton.
WHAT do singers Andy Williams, Dean Martin and Tony Christie have in common?
Today, they have been united by football as their famous tunes are behind the entries in The Evening Star's bid to find a chant for Ipswich Town's new manager Jim Magilton.
Earlier this week, we launched a challenge for Blues fans to come up with a fresh chant to back Magilton in his bid for promotion to the Premiership.
Some of the latest entries (see below) suggest lyrics to the favourite tunes of You're Just too Good to be True, That's Amore and Is This the way to Amarillo?
You may also want to watch:
We are looking for cheeky tunes, passionate chants and inspired lyrics that can get Portman Road rocking this season.
The best efforts will be printed in the Star to give fans some ideas for the opening game on Saturday, August 5, at home against Crystal Palace.
- 1 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 2 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
- 3 Christmas light DJ to open new Ipswich bar
- 4 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 5 'Horror movie script' - Waterfront lounge bar plans rejected again
- 6 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 7 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 8 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 9 Watchdog upholds mother's complaint about handling of son's special education needs
- 10 Two people rescued after search off Harwich coast
Send your efforts to Jim Magilton Chant, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN or send us an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Entries can also be posted or discussed on the Those Were the Days website at www.twtd.co.uk/towntopics
Sung to the chorus tune of Andy Williams' You're Just too Good to be True.
We have a new boss, and it is super Jim...
He has the passion, to make the players win...
Whenever Ipswich score...
Hear the tractor boys roar...
Sung to the tune of Dean Martin`s That`s Amore.
He is full of wise cracks,
He will give us his max... Jim Magilton, Jim Magilton.
Whenever Town go and score,
You`ll have to tie him to floor... Jim Magilton, Jim Magilton.
He even skipped the team,
One of the best we have seen - what a player...
And when the Town go and win,
We will all start to sing, Jim Magilton...
Keep right on to the Premiership
Keep on scoring the goals.
Though the way is tough
Don't be yellow card rough
Just keep scoring the goals.
Sung to the tune of Tony Christie's Is This the Way to Amarillo?
This is the way to the Prem-e-err..
Naylor, Garvan, Nicky Forster..
The Promised Land is like the Hilton..
We'll be there with Jim Magilton
Sung to the tune of the former Finidi George and Matteo Sereni songs
He is our number one.
Got Naarwich on the run.
We've found our long lost son.
We've only just begun.