Songs just keep coming for Jim
WHAT do singers Andy Williams, Dean Martin and Tony Christie have in common?Today, they have been united by football as their famous tunes are behind the entries in The Evening Star's bid to find a chant for Ipswich Town's new manager Jim Magilton.
WHAT do singers Andy Williams, Dean Martin and Tony Christie have in common?
Today, they have been united by football as their famous tunes are behind the entries in The Evening Star's bid to find a chant for Ipswich Town's new manager Jim Magilton.
Earlier this week, we launched a challenge for Blues fans to come up with a fresh chant to back Magilton in his bid for promotion to the Premiership.
Some of the latest entries (see below) suggest lyrics to the favourite tunes of You're Just too Good to be True, That's Amore and Is This the way to Amarillo?
We are looking for cheeky tunes, passionate chants and inspired lyrics that can get Portman Road rocking this season.
The best efforts will be printed in the Star to give fans some ideas for the opening game on Saturday, August 5, at home against Crystal Palace.
- 1 Police cordon in place outside former Grimwades store in Ipswich
- 2 Teenager sexually assaulted and then robbed in Ipswich
- 3 Travellers pitch up in one of Ipswich's busiest parks
- 4 One of the world's largest container ships arrives at Port of Felixstowe
- 5 Two knives found in Ipswich park after six teenagers arrested
- 6 Teenager’s 10 year sentence is warning over ‘horrendous’ acid attacks
- 7 Open air theatre coming to Ipswich park later this month
- 8 GALLERY: Photos show devastating aftermath of huge fire near Ipswich
- 9 10-acre field fire breaks out in south Suffolk village
- 10 'He'd be dead' - mum's terror after wave drags her and baby down beach
Send your efforts to Jim Magilton Chant, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN or send us an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Entries can also be posted or discussed on the Those Were the Days website at www.twtd.co.uk/towntopics
Sung to the chorus tune of Andy Williams' You're Just too Good to be True.
We have a new boss, and it is super Jim...
He has the passion, to make the players win...
Whenever Ipswich score...
Hear the tractor boys roar...
Sung to the tune of Dean Martin`s That`s Amore.
He is full of wise cracks,
He will give us his max... Jim Magilton, Jim Magilton.
Whenever Town go and score,
You`ll have to tie him to floor... Jim Magilton, Jim Magilton.
He even skipped the team,
One of the best we have seen - what a player...
And when the Town go and win,
We will all start to sing, Jim Magilton...
Keep right on to the Premiership
Keep on scoring the goals.
Though the way is tough
Don't be yellow card rough
Just keep scoring the goals.
Sung to the tune of Tony Christie's Is This the Way to Amarillo?
This is the way to the Prem-e-err..
Naylor, Garvan, Nicky Forster..
The Promised Land is like the Hilton..
We'll be there with Jim Magilton
Sung to the tune of the former Finidi George and Matteo Sereni songs
He is our number one.
Got Naarwich on the run.
We've found our long lost son.
We've only just begun.