Sophie-Jayne's looking at a model future
TEENAGER Sophie-Jayne Barber's dreams of stardom have come true after she won a top modelling competition.The 16-year-old Copleston School pupil beat 2,000 hopefuls to be picked to become one of the faces of Saks hair and beauty salon group.
TEENAGER Sophie-Jayne Barber's dreams of stardom have come true after she won a top modelling competition.
The 16-year-old Copleston School pupil beat 2,000 hopefuls to be picked to become one of the faces of Saks hair and beauty salon group.
She also won a year's contract with top model agency Premier Model Management, which built the careers of supermodels such as Naomi Campbell, Christy Turlington and Claudia Schiffer.
Her step-sister, Louise Etheridge, 28, saw the competition in Now! Magazine and suggested Sophie-Jayne should enter. So Sophie-Jayne, of Henslow Road, Ipswich, sent off photo at her prom.
The A level student, one of six UK winners, said: "I have always fancied modelling and when Louise told me about this competition I thought it was worth a try.
"I didn't think anything would happen then I was called to the final in London. When they told me I was a winner I couldn't believe it. I was shocked and excited.
- 1 'Tons' of water leaking from burst water main as people urged to avoid road
- 2 A14 near Ipswich remains partially closed after fire breaks out
- 3 Mum-of-four organises uniform pop-up market
- 4 Weather warning as thunderstorms expected to hit Suffolk after heatwave
- 5 From Ipswich to LA: 20-year-old Suffolk singer's meteoric rise
- 6 Matchday Recap: How Town's 3-0 win against MK unfolded
- 7 Man wanted in connection with Ipswich assault arrested
- 8 35 more of Suffolk’s oldest surnames – is yours on the list?
- 9 Police cordon in place outside former Grimwades store in Ipswich
- 10 Ipswich coffee shop owner receives award from PM
"I have always wanted to do modelling. It is every girl' dream. I had a brilliant time at the photo shoot and love my new hairstyle.
"My friends are really pleased for me. They didn't know I had entered. It all happened so quickly. I didn't realise how big it was until I got a contract with Premier. It was so surreal."
Town fan Sophie-Jayne was shortlisted to attend the finals at Saks' salon in Covent Garden, London, at the end of October where the winners were chosen.
She had her hair cut and coloured and was then whisked off to a studio in London to have photos taken by top international fashion photographer, Sheila Rock.
Sophie-Jayne enjoys dance and a playing football.