Soul sensation set to take spotlight at best-ever ball
SUFFOLK: Ipswich and Suffolk’s most glittering night of the year is just over a month away – and Evening Star readers now have the chance to be part of the action.
The Ipswich and Suffolk Press Ball – this year called the ES 125 Ball in honour of The Evening Star’s 125th birthday – will be on Friday, June 25, in the sophisticated, intimate and stylish surroundings of Hintlesham Hall.
One of the most eagerly-awaited events in the social calendar, the ball has received a huge boost with news of a top performer being named as the “main attraction”.
Soul sensation FiL Straughan is to take the headline spot – and there are just a handful of tables left to join the party!
The event, now in its 14th year, is sure to be the most spectacular yet and is due to raise thousands of pounds for two very worthy causes – the Cystic Fibrosis Trust and St Elizabeth Hospice. Aside from an exquisite banquet in a draped marquee and entertainment from a host of Suffolk musicians, the big performance of the night will come from FiL, who has appeared in the past with Hot Chocolate and Ray Lewis’s Drifters.
Straughan, who appeared at last year’s ball, will be joined by other entertainers on a night which will also boast an auction with fabulous lots on offer, including a holiday valued at �8,000.
The ball, sponsored by Tiger.co.uk, has built a reputation as one of the most exciting events in Suffolk and each year helps to raise vital funds for charities with the help of our sponsors and readers. Organisers today stressed that pairs of tickets can be bought, or companies and other organisations can buy a table. The price of the tickets is �100, and the table cost for ten people is �1,000.
- 1 Man 'punched and slashed' in serious assault in car park at Ipswich B&M
- 2 Ellie uses 4 tonne truck to make impressive entrance at school prom
- 3 Ipswich firm admits mis-selling foam loft insulation to Suffolk customers
- 4 'Fantastic opportunity' as Ipswich's Thomas Wolsey pub listed for sale
- 5 New restaurant could be coming to the Waterfront, but theatre plans dropped
- 6 Burger van owner's anger after thieves steal food from trailer in Ipswich
- 7 5 award-winning restaurants in and around Ipswich you need to visit
- 8 Road closed after crash leaves pedestrian injured and vehicle in ditch
- 9 23-year-old Felixstowe woman pleads guilty to assault
- 10 Search ongoing for 29-year-old Suffolk man missing for three weeks
Evening Star editor Nigel Pickover said: “We’re raising significant money for two incredibly welcome causes. We anticipate a brilliant night of fun, entertainment and fundraising.”
Mick Parker, managing director of event organisers Parker Communicat-ions, promised this year’s ball would have a particularly flamboyant feel, saying: “There will be food and wine of the highest quality, served within magnificent surroundings and coupled with marvellous entertainment.
“Guests get exclusive use of Hintlesham Hall on a fabulous night of fundraising – the driving force behind it all.”
To book a table contact Michelle Dorrell at the Star on 01473 324867 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact Hintlesham Hall directly on 01473 652334.
n Has your cause been helped by the Press Ball? Write to Your Letters, The Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN or e-mail eveningstar email@example.com