Spate of thefts from garages in Purdis Farm
A police inquiry is under way after items were stolen following at least six garages being targeted in the Purdis Farm area of Ipswich.
Anne-Marie Breach, a spokeswoman for Suffolk Constabulary, said all the premises which were entered were in Hazel Drive or Meadow Crescent.
Although tools, three bikes, and golf clubs were taken from some of the garages, not all of those targeted had items stolen.
Some of the premises were not securely locked and were able to be entered without the intruder breaking in, police said.
Residents are urged to lock their property up, and purchase alarms which are easily available and not difficult to fit.
You may also want to watch:
The incidents occurred on March 13 and 14.
Ms Breach said: “We would appeal for anyone with information about these incidents, or who saw anything suspicious, to telephone us on 101 and quote the crime number 22466/16.
- 1 62-year-old arrested following incident in Ipswich town centre
- 2 The Walk in Ipswich town centre cordoned off by police
- 3 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 4 'I'm very lucky' – Ipswich biker-chef lost arm and hand in A14 crash
- 5 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 6 'Devious' Ipswich doctor jailed for sending fake texts to flatmate
- 7 Ipswich Town fan banned from Portman Road for racially abusing player
- 8 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 9 Trucker ran eBay scam selling straps used for securing heavy loads
- 10 250 Ipswich patients fined after failing to pay for their prescriptions