Spectacular high voltage show in town
DANCERS from across the region are preparing to take the stage for a spectacular show in Ipswich.DanceEast will present High Voltage 2 at the New Wolsey tomorrow night and on Saturday as part of the theatre's Pulse festival for new and emerging talent.
DANCERS from across the region are preparing to take the stage for a spectacular show in Ipswich.
DanceEast will present High Voltage 2 at the New Wolsey tomorrow night and on Saturday as part of the theatre's Pulse festival for new and emerging talent.
Dancers of all ages and abilities will take their turn to perform with a range of styles and music.
Groups taking part include Suffolk's Splinters Youth Dance Company, which is run by DanceEast and is one of the most established youth dance groups in the area.
You may also want to watch:
Also performing will be the Peterborough-based all male group, Positive Action which formed in 1995 and has members aged 14 to 22.
These two companies are just two of more than 14 groups taking part in High Voltage 2.
- 1 Man caught in Ipswich park paedophile sting jailed for more than two years
- 2 Should buses be kept out of Ipswich's Upper Brook Street?
- 3 Ipswich teenage boy arrested over stabbing
- 4 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 5 Couple avoid jail for campaign of harassment against neighbour
- 6 Ipswich lorry drivers raise a glass as haulage firm launches in-house watering hole
- 7 Five of the best places to cure your hangover in Ipswich
- 8 Farmland 'years away' from development, says builder
- 9 Man taken to hospital after becoming stuck in mud in Ipswich riverbank
Last year DanceEast presented a similar programme of dance in the first Pulse festival and received such a good response decided to apply for this year's programme.
Assis Carreiro, director of DanceEast, said: "The Pulse Festival is all about nurturing new talent and as such it is the perfect chance for these keen dancers to step into the limelight.
"A performance in a professional theatre is a brilliant goal to work for and I know that High Voltage 2 is bound to be a great experience for everyone involved, performers and audience alike."
n High Voltage is at the New Wolsey tomorrow and Saturday at 7.30pm. Tickets cost £3.50 for adults, £2.50 for concessions or £8 for a family and can be bought at the theatre box office in Civic Drive or by calling 01473 295900.