Spring concert by the Co-op Waterfront Music School
- Credit: Archant
Want to play music with other people?
The Co-op Waterfront Music School has a history that goes back to the 1980s.
Tutor Bernard Westren has been involved for getting on for 30 years.
The music school meets every Saturday morning at the Co-op Education Centre in Fore Street with a orchestra ensemble, recorder ensemble and a jazz band.
Tutor Bernard Westren said: ““We enable people who want to enjoy playing in an ensemble, to gain some experience and improve.
“We basically say if they have Grade I standard they are OK.
“We would like to welcome new members, that is why we are having an open day in April.”
- 1 Omid Djalili cracks Ipswich joke at Queen's Platinum Jubilee show
- 2 Man stabbed in back and sides in Ipswich attack
- 3 Ford Transit van destroyed in suspected arson attack
- 4 Man found unconscious in Ipswich alleyway following serious assault
- 5 OPINION: Back to business - these are the council's plans for Ipswich
- 6 Striking new seafront café opens its doors to customers after two-year wait
- 7 Charity match held in memory of Tavis Spencer-Aitkens
- 8 Cricket club praises ambulance service after player collapses in the field
- 9 Travellers move on from Chantry Park in Ipswich
- 10 Brother of Ipswich murder victim to roll out bleed control kits across town
There are currently around 50 musicians in the three ensembles, he said. “It is about playing music, with other people, for fun.”
The Co-op Waterfront Music has its annual Spring Concert on Sunday March 29 at St Peter’s By The Waterfront when all ensembles will be performing.
Tickets on the door are £3 for adults, £1.50 for children.
The music school is planning an open morning, at the start of its new term on April 18, when musicians are invited to turn up to find out more about becoming members.
The music school is social but also does some fundraising for charity each year. Last year nearly £1.000 was raised for Guide Dogs for the Blind.
This year it is supporting The Alzheimer’s Society.
To find out more go to the website: www.co-opwaterfrontmusicschool.weebly.com
Or email; firstname.lastname@example.org