Spring concert by the Co-op Waterfront Music School
- Credit: Archant
Want to play music with other people?
The Co-op Waterfront Music School has a history that goes back to the 1980s.
Tutor Bernard Westren has been involved for getting on for 30 years.
The music school meets every Saturday morning at the Co-op Education Centre in Fore Street with a orchestra ensemble, recorder ensemble and a jazz band.
Tutor Bernard Westren said: ““We enable people who want to enjoy playing in an ensemble, to gain some experience and improve.
You may also want to watch:
“We basically say if they have Grade I standard they are OK.
“We would like to welcome new members, that is why we are having an open day in April.”
- 1 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 2 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 3 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 4 First look inside Ipswich's new Geek Retreat games cafe
- 5 'It's like we're in the stone age' - Homophobic abuse halts LGBT+ parties
- 6 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 7 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 8 Major Ipswich road partially blocked after crash involving Audi and Mercedes
- 9 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 10 Man accused of Ipswich stabbing refuses to leave cell to enter plea
There are currently around 50 musicians in the three ensembles, he said. “It is about playing music, with other people, for fun.”
The Co-op Waterfront Music has its annual Spring Concert on Sunday March 29 at St Peter’s By The Waterfront when all ensembles will be performing.
Tickets on the door are £3 for adults, £1.50 for children.
The music school is planning an open morning, at the start of its new term on April 18, when musicians are invited to turn up to find out more about becoming members.
The music school is social but also does some fundraising for charity each year. Last year nearly £1.000 was raised for Guide Dogs for the Blind.
This year it is supporting The Alzheimer’s Society.
To find out more go to the website: www.co-opwaterfrontmusicschool.weebly.com
Or email; firstname.lastname@example.org