Man in hospital with head injury after late night assault
- Credit: Sarah Lucy Brown
A police cordon remains in place in Ipswich's St Matthew's Street after a man was assaulted and taken to hospital with a head injury in a late night attack.
Officers were called just after midnight on Monday, April 19 to reports a man had been assaulted at the Alexander House building, in St Matthew's Street.
When they arrived at the scene, they found a man had sustained a head injury during an altercation.
He was taken to hospital for treatment, where his injury is being assessed.
A spokesman for the police said: “This is being treated as an isolated incident, with no wider threat to the community."
Eyewitnesses have reported seeing large amounts of blood on the pavement, as police stood by the cordon during the morning rush hour.
Anyone with information is asked to contact South CID on 101, quoting reference number 19442/21.
- 1 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 4 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 5 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 6 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 7 Jailed in Suffolk: See the three men locked up this week
- 8 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 9 Kesgrave Kitchen praised by local MP after 'fantastic' transformation
- 10 Kesgrave shooting: Trial set to start as boy, 16, denies attempted murder