Stabbing victims recover in hospital
TWO men remain in Ipswich Hospital today after they were stabbed in an apparently unprovoked attack in St Helens Street.One man suffered what were described as 'serious' injuries, but he was today said to be in a 'comfortable condition' in hospital.
TWO men remain in Ipswich Hospital today after they were stabbed in an apparently unprovoked attack in St Helens Street.
One man suffered what were described as 'serious' injuries, but he was today said to be in a 'comfortable condition' in hospital.
The victims, both believed to be of Pakistani origin, were confronted by two men who wanted to be given a lift home at 3.15am on Sunday.
Police said this caused an argument, and both victims were stabbed before the offenders ran off in the direction of Jeffries Road.
A Suffolk police spokeswoman said: "While returning home two men were approached by another two males who spoke to them and asked if they were able to give them a lift home.
"The lift was refused and an altercation ensued between the men and it resulted in one man being stabbed in the arm and one man being stabbed in the shoulder, back and body.
- 1 'From one family business to another' - Cattermole's changes hands
- 2 'This is all I've got' - Woman fighting to keep home where mum died
- 3 Teen fractured taxi driver's skull in 'shocking display of violence'
- 4 46-year-old man who died in Great Bealings crash named
- 5 10 Suffolk celebrities and where they went to school
- 6 Woman bit dog owner during dispute over not picking up mess
- 7 Suffolk entrepreneur Mike Lynch loses $5bn fraud case with Hewlett Packard
- 8 Burglar caught by family in 'bear hug' jailed for four years
- 9 Felixstowe man to star on small screen with converted Mini Cooper
- 10 Overturned vehicle partially blocking road near Ipswich
"The two offenders ran off towards town along St Helens Street and on into Jefferies Road.
"Both victims were conveyed to Heath Road Hospital in Ipswich and one victim is receiving treatment for his injuries which are considered serious.
"Police would like to hear from anyone who was in the St Helen's Street area of Ipswich between Palmerston Road and Dove Street at the time the incident occurred."
Both offenders are described as white males, in their early 20s, 6ft, of medium build and wore hooded tops.
Ron Sutton, 65, of St Helens Street, was shocked at hearing of the incident but revealed an American tourist had been stabbed in the area three years ago.
Mr Sutton said: "A lot of windows have been broken over the last six months. It used to be noisy when the pubs emptied but it was so quiet yesterday and I went to bed. I am in the front bedroom and I didn't hear anything."
Anyone with any information is asked to contact Ipswich police on 01473