Staff at Haven Power bring in £4,000 for Ipswich Hospital children’s ward in just four months
- Credit: Archant
An Ipswich-based firm with a mission to raise £8,000 for the children’s ward at Ipswich Hospital this year has reached the halfway milestone after just four months.
Staff at Haven Power, based in Ransomes Europark, have thrown themselves into fundraising activities by organising quizzes, dress down days, bake sales and sporting events.
In the last few weeks alone, a number of employees have undertaken personal challenges, including the Orwell Walk and the Ipswich Hospital Bike Ride - with more than 40 employees taking part across the two events.
The total raised since April stands at £4,000.
Earlier this year, employees voted to make the hospital’s children’s ward the company’s charity of the year. A number of employees visited the ward to meet the staff and learn first-hand how the money raised would contribute to improving the health and comfort of children admitted to the ward.
While there, employees donated books, stationary and toys for the children to use.
Jonathan Kini, Haven Power chief executive, said: “The spirit and enthusiasm that our staff have shown over the past few months in raising money for the children’s ward at Ipswich Hospital is humbling.
- 1 Mapped: Where parasite dangerous to dogs has been reported in Suffolk
- 2 Swimming pool at primary school open again after two years
- 3 Plans for flats in former Ipswich pub progress
- 4 Baby porpoise washes up at Suffolk beach
- 5 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 6 Lane on A14 reopens after severe delays on Orwell Bridge
- 7 7 walks in Suffolk with a stunning view
- 8 Road closed as emergency services attend two-vehicle crash
- 9 Caribbean trailer to open soon in town centre
- 10 Matchday Live: Needham Market v Ipswich Town team news and updates
“Every fundraising activity that has taken place has been completely driven by our people – so many have devoted their efforts, skills and a large amount of free time to help raise money for this worthy cause.
“To reach half our target amount a third of the way through the year is incredible. This achievement is down to their dedication and I’m extremely proud of what they’ve done.”
In addition to their fundraising efforts for charity, Haven Power staff have been very active in the local community. Each month 10 employees spend a day at Brickmaker’s Wood, helping the Eden-Rose Coppice Trust to restore neglected woodlands into tranquil green spaces for use by people with cancer or children with physical or learning disabilities.