Staff morale boost at hospital
STAFF surveyed at Ipswich Hospital are happier than they were last year.One in four workers at the Heath Road site, answered the poll, which revealed that satisfaction had risen in most areas.
STAFF surveyed at Ipswich Hospital are happier than they were last year.
One in four workers at the Heath Road site, answered the poll, which revealed that satisfaction had risen in most areas.
The only areas were people were particularly unhappy was access to work-related information on the Internet and Intranet, and staffing.
Having more staff and more car parking were – by some way – the two most common issues raised, when staff were asked to name the one thing that would most improve their lives.
You may also want to watch:
Hospital chairman Chris Smart said at this month's hospital board meeting: "The results are very encouraging.
"We have had a very positive response from staff, and it sounds as if we are getting it right, but there are areas we need to work on, like communication."
- 1 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 2 Anger as 'selfish' fly-tippers dump couch in Ipswich street
- 3 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 4 Man arrested over Cardinal Park stabbing
- 5 Army helicopter lands in field near Nacton after developing fault
- 6 Seafront theatre set for big improvements and balcony dining
- 7 Summertime Ipswich to bring the party to the Waterfront next month
- 8 Ipswich man in court accused of setting light to car
- 9 Nadia Cenci to get equality training after 'virtually no racism' tweet
- 10 Warning of lightning strikes across Suffolk as stormy weather continues
Director of human and corporate resources Jennifer Jones that from September, 30-40 staff will be randomly selected and interviewed.
They will be invited to share their views with the hospital chairman and chief executive, and receive updates on what is happening within the hospital.
She said some ideas had started to come through via a staff suggestion box placed on the staff Intranet.
What do you think?
Do you know of staff problems at the hospital?
Write to Your Letters, The Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN, or e-mail: EveningStarLetters@eveningstar.co.uk.