Staff morale boost at hospital
STAFF surveyed at Ipswich Hospital are happier than they were last year.One in four workers at the Heath Road site, answered the poll, which revealed that satisfaction had risen in most areas.
STAFF surveyed at Ipswich Hospital are happier than they were last year.
One in four workers at the Heath Road site, answered the poll, which revealed that satisfaction had risen in most areas.
The only areas were people were particularly unhappy was access to work-related information on the Internet and Intranet, and staffing.
Having more staff and more car parking were – by some way – the two most common issues raised, when staff were asked to name the one thing that would most improve their lives.
Hospital chairman Chris Smart said at this month's hospital board meeting: "The results are very encouraging.
"We have had a very positive response from staff, and it sounds as if we are getting it right, but there are areas we need to work on, like communication."
- 1 Woman injured after car flips on its roof near Ipswich
- 2 Developer criticised for 'failing to meet obligations'
- 3 Suffolk campsite named among the best in the UK by the Guardian
- 4 Suffolk fish and chip van to feature on Escape to the Country
- 5 WATCH: Adorable family of foxes enjoy play time at an Ipswich doorstep
- 6 'We are both in love' - Ed Sheeran announces birth of second daughter
- 7 Friends raise money for garden for terminally ill Suffolk mum
- 8 Mother who befriended son's killer discusses his new book
- 9 Jail for man who drove stolen car at police officers
- 10 Fencing around historic Trimley station causes scare for local community
Director of human and corporate resources Jennifer Jones that from September, 30-40 staff will be randomly selected and interviewed.
They will be invited to share their views with the hospital chairman and chief executive, and receive updates on what is happening within the hospital.
She said some ideas had started to come through via a staff suggestion box placed on the staff Intranet.
What do you think?
Do you know of staff problems at the hospital?
Write to Your Letters, The Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN, or e-mail: EveningStarLetters@eveningstar.co.uk.