Staff morale boost at hospital
STAFF surveyed at Ipswich Hospital are happier than they were last year.One in four workers at the Heath Road site, answered the poll, which revealed that satisfaction had risen in most areas.
STAFF surveyed at Ipswich Hospital are happier than they were last year.
One in four workers at the Heath Road site, answered the poll, which revealed that satisfaction had risen in most areas.
The only areas were people were particularly unhappy was access to work-related information on the Internet and Intranet, and staffing.
Having more staff and more car parking were – by some way – the two most common issues raised, when staff were asked to name the one thing that would most improve their lives.
You may also want to watch:
Hospital chairman Chris Smart said at this month's hospital board meeting: "The results are very encouraging.
"We have had a very positive response from staff, and it sounds as if we are getting it right, but there are areas we need to work on, like communication."
- 1 Election 2021: Ipswich Borough Council results
- 2 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 3 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 4 Man caught with indecent images of children avoids jail
- 5 Suffolk elections 2021: When to expect results
- 6 Cyclist suffers injuries after crash in Ipswich
- 7 WATCH: Family of wild foxes caught on camera in Ipswich garden
- 8 Ipswich primary school goes green for classmate with hearing loss
- 9 Man smashed ATM screen at service station after not receiving cash
- 10 How does traffic congestion in Ipswich compare to pre lockdown?
Director of human and corporate resources Jennifer Jones that from September, 30-40 staff will be randomly selected and interviewed.
They will be invited to share their views with the hospital chairman and chief executive, and receive updates on what is happening within the hospital.
She said some ideas had started to come through via a staff suggestion box placed on the staff Intranet.
What do you think?
Do you know of staff problems at the hospital?
Write to Your Letters, The Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN, or e-mail: EveningStarLetters@eveningstar.co.uk.