Staff prepare for the event of the year
STAFF at a leading Suffolk hotel are today preparing for the event of the year. Hundreds of guests will walk the red carpet at the Elizabeth Hotel Copdock, as The Ipswich and Suffolk Press Ball gets under way on Friday.
STAFF at a leading Suffolk hotel are today preparing for the event of the year.
Hundreds of guests will walk the red carpet at the Elizabeth Hotel Copdock, as The Ipswich and Suffolk Press Ball gets under way on Friday.
Fine wines and a stunning menu prepared by the hotel's top chefs will delight the taste buds of the cream of Suffolk society at the event which aims to raise thousands for Cystic Fibrosis Trust.
Nuno De Francisco, general manager of the Elizabeth Copdock Hotel, said: “We are incredibly excited and honored to be hosting once again the Press Ball on Friday.
“We hold many different events here in our large Elizabeth Suite but the Press Ball really is our event of the year.”
The menu includes:
- 1 Suffolk's top 10 fish and chip shops as voted by our readers - now pick a winner
- 2 Police carry out 'pre-planned' operation in Felixstowe road
- 3 Double drink driver who killed Jennifer, 32, jailed six years and eight months
- 4 Notcutts submit detailed plans for 14 homes on the edge of Ipswich
- 5 See inside £1.65m Ipswich home with swimming pool and games room
- 6 Crash involving ambulance closes Ipswich road
- 7 See inside stunning £1.15m home a stone's throw away from Christchurch Park
- 8 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 9 Ipswich girl with cyst on brain struggling to get diagnosis
- 10 7 things around Ipswich which are among the best in the country
Smoked Halibut Pave, Nori seaweed, avruga caviar, aged balsamic, served with homemade bread
Roast rack of English lamb, black mint crust, white truffle jus
Decadent chocolate duo - white chocolate mousse, dark chocolate torte
English farmhouse cheeses
Coffee with petit fours
As well as vegetarian options.
Bridget York, creative director of top London event firm Entire Affair, said: “We have a fantastic venue and once again are indebted to Elizabeth Hotel Copdock for all their hard work in making the Press Ball such a great event.
“We have pulled out all the stops and we have some excellent entertainment lined up for guests. Once again we are delighted to be part of this fabulous event.”
Evening Star editor Nigel Pickover said: “Suffolk's business community has pulled together to make the Ipswich and Suffolk Press Ball another fabulous night of nights.
“Our heartfelt thanks goes to all our sponsors and those who have donated auction and raffle prizes - without these people the event could simply not take place.”
Sponsored by generous Ipswich-based firm Call Connection, the Press Ball is a stalwart of the Suffolk society calendar attracting an estimated 300 guests from business and organisations from across the county.
Further information can be found about Cystic Fibrosis on the website www.cftrust.org.uk. Help and advice for those affected by Cystic Fibrosis is available through the Cystic Fibrosis Helpline on 0845 859 1000.
Have you been helped by the Cystic Fibrosis Trust? Are you a regular guest at the Ipswich and Suffolk Press Ball? What do you think? Write to Your Letters Evening Star 30 Lower Brook Street Ipswich IP4 1AN or send an e mail to firstname.lastname@example.org