Staff reach for the stars
STRATFORD ST MARY: It was smiles all round when a children’s nursery was shortlisted for a national award.
Blossom House Kindergarten has been selected as one of the finalists for the Nursery of the Year 2010 award and an Enabling Environment Award for the Nursery World Awards.
Staff at the kindergarten, which is based in Higham Road, Stratford St Mary, are now eagerly awaiting the ceremony later this month.
The “small and welcoming” nursery, which has received a Suffolk County Council kitemark for its high standards, was set up nine years ago by Anita Huckle and Susan Moss-Thomas.
With places for up to 30 children aged between two and five, the nursery also boasts an after-school club and a summer fun club for children up to the age of 11.
You may also want to watch:
Nursery manager, Shelley Ward, told the Evening Star that she believed the nursery had been selected due to its welcoming and caring staff.
She said: “The staff are dedicated and committed to the care and education of the children in our care.
- 1 Ipswich council faces financial black hole over empty BHS store
- 2 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 3 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 4 Suffolk man waits 12 hours for ambulance after suffering stroke
- 5 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 6 Felixstowe woman accused of setting fire to caravan and drink driving
- 7 Royal Mail confirms removal of Ipswich postbox
- 8 Arrest warrants issued for men facing sheep charges
- 9 Driver presses ahead with police complaint despite losing speeding trial
- 10 Semi-pro footballer ready to kickstart Football Fun Factory in Ipswich
“As a nursery we are always looking for the best.
“This award would give us the recognition for all the hard work being carried out by the staff and of course the wonderful children.”
She later said that the team was looking forward to attending a celebration dinner in London on September 24, when the winner of the prestigious award will be announced.
“I think parents, children and staff have been left so delighted by being shortlisted,” she added.
“When we submitted our entry it really was a joint effort and everyone tried to help and do their part to make this a success.
“We’re just looking forward to the awards ceremony, but more than anything we are just delighted with the recognition we have been given.
“To also have credit for the environment that we offer is something we are extremely proud of.”
Senior manager, Susan Moss-Thomas, later told the Star that the success was also down to long-serving staff members continuously improving their knowledge and skills.
Blossom House will be hosting an Open Day on October 1. The event will run from 10am until 5pm. Anyone is welcome.
For more information about the kindergarten call 01206 618956. Alternatively visit www.blossomhousekindergarten.co.uk
n Have you recently won a special award? Write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org