Stand-up fun in town
COMEDY lovers are in for a treat once more on Friday > with the arrival of three more top stand-up stars in Ipswich.Taking up the microphone at The Stage Café will be Tony Hendriks, Colin Cole and Harry Denford.
COMEDY lovers are in for a treat once more on Friday > with the arrival of three more top stand-up stars in Ipswich.
Taking up the microphone at The Stage Café will be Tony Hendriks, Colin Cole and Harry Denford.
Tony has gained a huge following with his brand of humour. Raw Comedy magazine said he gets people "convulsing with laughter" and added: "His in-your-face, Jamaican-style humour has made him a tremendous hit."
Meanwhile Colin is one of the biggest names in comedy in Australia. His is 6ft 7ins and is known for his fast and furious delivery, using material from the topical to the observational.
You may also want to watch:
He has toured extensively in the US and Canada and is now focused on conquering Europe with his comedy.
Harry, who completes Friday night's line-up, is considered one of the hottest new acts on the British comedy circuit and is a regular closing headline act in the Jongleurs chain of comedy clubs.
- 1 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 2 Boy, 5, dies after suffering serious head injury at department store
- 3 Man jailed for attacking teenage girl with saucepan and meat cleaver in Ipswich
- 4 Man taken to hospital after becoming stuck in mud in Ipswich riverbank
- 5 WATCH: Ever Given docks at Felixstowe after four-month delay
- 6 Developer 'ecstatic' as multi-million pound town hotel gets green light
- 7 Man drove into ex-partner's parked car outside Gainsborough Labour and Social Club
- 8 Ipswich man charged over alleged cocaine dealing
- 9 New streetfood restaurant set to open in Ipswich Corn Exchange
- 10 Couple avoid jail for campaign of harassment against neighbour
This week's three comedians join a host of big names who have already graced the stage at the Major's Corner venue.
Trevor Hollinsworth, a director of Ipswich-based Hollywood Leisure, which launched The Stage, said: "Our comedy nights are getting increasingly popular, so we are delighted to be putting on three more quality comics. As the region's only live entertainment restaurant and bar we are proving to be a welcome alternative for a great night out."
Booking for the comedy nights at The Stage Café is advisable. For just £16.95 a head, customers get entrance, a two-course meal, their own table for the night and the three comedy acts.
Entrance to watch the action from the bar area is free before 7.30pm, but £4 after that.
To book a table and be part of the Friday comedy night scene call The Stage Café on 01473 406110.