Star offers reward to catch burglars
THE Evening Star is today offering readers a chance to catch up to five of the burglars who have been blitzing Ipswich in recent weeks.We will pay £1,000 to up to five people who provide information leading to the arrest and conviction of any burglar involved in the spate of 35 homes targeted from February 19 to March 5.
THE Evening Star is today offering readers a chance to catch up to five of the burglars who have been blitzing Ipswich in recent weeks.
We will pay £1,000 to up to five people who provide information leading to the arrest and conviction of any burglar involved in the spate of 35 homes targeted from February 19 to March 5.
One man has already been arrested and charged with three burglaries police said today.
Alexander Springer, 19, of no fixed abode, is due to appear before Ipswich magistrates later this week.
You may also want to watch:
In a heart-rending appeal via the Evening Star yesterday , one of the victims of the 35 raids, Patricia Bond of Sirdar Road begged those who took a locket of great sentimental value to give it back. The necklace had belonged to her beloved daughter who died three years ago.
Her trauma is one of a long list of burglaries being investigated by Suffolk Police, as follows:
- 1 Body found in the River Orwell
- 2 Tributes to 'loyal, caring' man, 28, who died after A14 crash
- 3 Woman who posed as food bank staff steals Easter eggs from Morrisons
- 4 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park
- 5 Felixstowe beach hut sells for record price of £65k within hours
- 6 Ipswich music producer's 'amazing' rise as global DJ's assistant
- 7 Plans for new central Ipswich Travelodge now available to view online
- 8 HOW THE NIGHT UNFOLDED: Witches prove too hot for Lynn
- 9 Breakdown on Orwell Bridge cleared after queues to Copdock roundabout
- 10 Cheers! Ipswich pubs and restaurants welcome first indoor guests of 2021
Berners Street, Sirdar Road, Hill House Road, Camden Road, Woodbridge Road, Chilton Road, Avondale Road, Alan Road, Pretyman Road, Queensberry Road, Withipoll Street, Derby Close, Foxhall Road, Faraday Road, Shackleton Road, Gladstone Road, Kingston Road, Lavenham Road, Springfield Lane, Old Norwich Road, Shakespeare Road, Pearl Road, Stratford Road, Defoe Road, Burns Road, Whitton Church Lane, Bell Close, Spencer Road, Marigold Avenue, Kingsley Close, Defoe Road, Spencer Road, Gippeswyk Road, Norwich Road, Ramsey Close.
Suffolk Police today welcomed the Star's reward, and Chief Inspector Chris Mayhew said today: "We welcome the Evening Star's support and urge people to come forward with any information they may have."
Anyone with information should phone Ipswich CID on 01473 383133 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.