Star offers reward to catch burglars
THE Evening Star is today offering readers a chance to catch up to five of the burglars who have been blitzing Ipswich in recent weeks.We will pay £1,000 to up to five people who provide information leading to the arrest and conviction of any burglar involved in the spate of 35 homes targeted from February 19 to March 5.
THE Evening Star is today offering readers a chance to catch up to five of the burglars who have been blitzing Ipswich in recent weeks.
We will pay £1,000 to up to five people who provide information leading to the arrest and conviction of any burglar involved in the spate of 35 homes targeted from February 19 to March 5.
One man has already been arrested and charged with three burglaries police said today.
Alexander Springer, 19, of no fixed abode, is due to appear before Ipswich magistrates later this week.
You may also want to watch:
In a heart-rending appeal via the Evening Star yesterday , one of the victims of the 35 raids, Patricia Bond of Sirdar Road begged those who took a locket of great sentimental value to give it back. The necklace had belonged to her beloved daughter who died three years ago.
Her trauma is one of a long list of burglaries being investigated by Suffolk Police, as follows:
- 1 Aldi store on Ipswich estate 'set to close within weeks'
- 2 Frustration and fear as burger van window smashed
- 3 Cash and jewellery stolen after Ipswich home broken into
- 4 Britain's poshest train set to return to Ipswich
- 5 Boy, 15, appears in court after teenager stabbed in Ipswich
- 6 Delays of 80 minutes following A12 crashes
- 7 Woman, 34, to stand trial for robbery next year
- 8 Jury in schoolgirl rape case retires to consider verdicts
- 9 OPINION: Why I'm too old to be waking up with a Sunday morning hangover
- 10 New online booking system for Suffolk recycling centres
Berners Street, Sirdar Road, Hill House Road, Camden Road, Woodbridge Road, Chilton Road, Avondale Road, Alan Road, Pretyman Road, Queensberry Road, Withipoll Street, Derby Close, Foxhall Road, Faraday Road, Shackleton Road, Gladstone Road, Kingston Road, Lavenham Road, Springfield Lane, Old Norwich Road, Shakespeare Road, Pearl Road, Stratford Road, Defoe Road, Burns Road, Whitton Church Lane, Bell Close, Spencer Road, Marigold Avenue, Kingsley Close, Defoe Road, Spencer Road, Gippeswyk Road, Norwich Road, Ramsey Close.
Suffolk Police today welcomed the Star's reward, and Chief Inspector Chris Mayhew said today: "We welcome the Evening Star's support and urge people to come forward with any information they may have."
Anyone with information should phone Ipswich CID on 01473 383133 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.