Star search returns to town
REACH for a Star Talent Show is coming back at Tower Ramparts.Once again voices of Suffolk will be aired in the Ipswich shopping precinct and all budding singers are invited to take part.
REACH for a Star Talent Show is coming back at Tower Ramparts.
Once again voices of Suffolk will be aired in the Ipswich shopping precinct and all budding singers are invited to take part.
The popular event, now in its fifth year, is being held on Bank Holiday Monday between 10.30am and 4.30pm within the Tower Restaurant on level three of the centre.
All proceeds from the event will go towards the Evening Star's Christmas Appeal for this year.
You may also want to watch:
The competition is sponsored by Tower Ramparts Shopping Centre, Leyla Houssein of Klowns Karaoke and Derek Cockrell of Euroscene Entertainments.
The show will be in three categories: juniors – for the under 11's, intermediates – for the 12-15 year olds and an adult category – for 16's and over. The winner and runner up in each category will receive token prizes.
- 1 Audi left wrecked after late-night crash in Ipswich
- 2 Did you hear the loud 'bang' coming from Ipswich park?
- 3 Woman 'alarmed and distressed' after verbal abuse in Ipswich
- 4 Matchday Recap: Plenty of positives despite Palace defeat
- 5 Work to start on 150 new Ipswich council homes next year
- 6 Family concerned after 15-year-old girl reported missing from Ipswich
- 7 New homes and dormitory block planned for Ipswich school site
- 8 Man who controlled Ipswich drug line jailed for five years
- 9 Restraining order for venue boss who intimidated council leader's daughter
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: Burglar, dangerous driver and drug dealer put behind bars
Over the three categories one overall winner will be chosen and they will have the opportunity to record their winning song in a recording studio judged and sponsored by Euroscene Entertainments.
Presenting the prizes this year will be 13 year old Siobhan Bedford from Ipswich, the outright winner of last years contest in the intermediate category with her version of "Hero".
Siobhan will also be performing live at intervals.
Because it is such a popular event, centre manager Mike Sorhaindo said he would advise contestants to book in early on the day to avoid disappointment.
He added: " This event has proved to be very popular over the years and has given many budding stars the opportunity to show off their talents. Many have gone on to bigger and better things since being discovered at our events on the local and national entertainment scene."
For further information regarding the competition please contact the centre management on 01473 226386 or Leyla of Klowns on 01473 414202.