Star snapper scoops second prize
EVENING Star photographer Owen Hines has scooped second prize in a national competition to find the best photograph taken at Portman Road last season.His prize-winning entry was a picture of Darren Bent celebrating his winning goal against Middlesborough in the Premier League, on April 24 2002.
EVENING Star photographer, Owen Hines, has scooped second prize in a national competition to find the best photograph taken at Portman Road last season.
His prize-winning entry was a picture of Darren Bent celebrating his winning goal against Middlesbrough on April 24, 2002. It won second prize in the TXUEnergi Ipswich Town Photographer of the Year award for the 2001-2002 football season.
Owen, 52, said: "I was very pleased with the entry as I only got to do three or four games last season. I get a real buzz out of it. It is a lot easier today than it used to be with all the modern technology."
Lifelong Ipswich Town fan Owen, has been taking photographs at Portman Road for 35 years. His first game was in 1968 when Ipswich played Manchester United.
You may also want to watch:
He said: "We won 5-0 or 5-1 I think, but I didn't get any pictures of the goals though because I was so excited. I just stood there and watched them being scored, but I have got better since then. My old boss told me off because he saw me on Match of the Day celebrating the goals!"
- 1 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 2 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 3 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park
- 4 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 5 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 6 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 7 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 8 Lounge bar with bespoke cocktails and tapas to open at Ipswich waterfront
- 9 Kesgrave shooting: Trial set to start as boy, 16, denies attempted murder
- 10 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge