Star snapper scoops second prize
EVENING Star photographer Owen Hines has scooped second prize in a national competition to find the best photograph taken at Portman Road last season.His prize-winning entry was a picture of Darren Bent celebrating his winning goal against Middlesborough in the Premier League, on April 24 2002.
EVENING Star photographer, Owen Hines, has scooped second prize in a national competition to find the best photograph taken at Portman Road last season.
His prize-winning entry was a picture of Darren Bent celebrating his winning goal against Middlesbrough on April 24, 2002. It won second prize in the TXUEnergi Ipswich Town Photographer of the Year award for the 2001-2002 football season.
Owen, 52, said: "I was very pleased with the entry as I only got to do three or four games last season. I get a real buzz out of it. It is a lot easier today than it used to be with all the modern technology."
Lifelong Ipswich Town fan Owen, has been taking photographs at Portman Road for 35 years. His first game was in 1968 when Ipswich played Manchester United.
You may also want to watch:
He said: "We won 5-0 or 5-1 I think, but I didn't get any pictures of the goals though because I was so excited. I just stood there and watched them being scored, but I have got better since then. My old boss told me off because he saw me on Match of the Day celebrating the goals!"
- 1 Felixstowe man caught with thousands of indecent images of children
- 2 Ipswich tech firm warns of spyware scare on Apple devices
- 3 Waterfront restaurant with 145 wines crowned best in Ipswich
- 4 Matchday Recap: Town close out game to secure big win
- 5 First look at full schedule for Sound City Ipswich music festival
- 6 CCTV images issued following theft from car in Ipswich
- 7 Former charity worker denies fraud and will face trial
- 8 Lloyds Bank branch closes temporarily as staff self-isolate due to Covid
- 9 Police make third arrest following Nacton stabbing
- 10 Police attend Ipswich Waterfront property as part of murder probe