Star to send messages to troops
SEND your messages to the troops in Iraq and Kuwait via The Evening Star.We will send them on to loved ones or friends currently serving in the Gulf via the forces postal network.
SEND your messages to the troops in Iraq and Kuwait via The Evening Star.
We will send them on to loved ones or friends currently serving in the Gulf via the forces postal network.
Many forces have already been in the region for several weeks and while the war seems to be going quite well for the allies, troops are likely to remain in the desert for some time.
But it's important to keep in touch – and we want to do all we can to help.
You may also want to watch:
So send your messages to the troops to us, and we'll ensure they're passed on to the Gulf.
An RAF spokesman welcomed The Evening Star's move and said: "Certainly from the morale side of things this is extremely important."
- 1 Woman in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 2 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 3 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 4 Ipswich tops rankings for Suffolk's Japanese knotweed infestations
- 5 Big Hoot revealed as latest Ipswich art trail for 2022
- 6 Developers seek views on plans for 150 homes on farmland
- 7 Air ambulance lands near Ipswich shops after medical emergency
- 8 'They saved a life' - neighbour praises firefighters in Ipswich house blaze
- 9 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 10 Iconic names, a disastrous relationship and now a music superstar - the evolution of Town’s shirt sponsors
An MOD spokesman said: "This is a very nice gesture to send sent messages to the forces. They always like to receive letters and of course it probably does help with morale.
"The forces are focused on a difficult task out there and knowing that they have got the support of friend and loved ones back home must be a comfort to them."