Star to send messages to troops
SEND your messages to the troops in Iraq and Kuwait via The Evening Star.We will send them on to loved ones or friends currently serving in the Gulf via the forces postal network.
SEND your messages to the troops in Iraq and Kuwait via The Evening Star.
We will send them on to loved ones or friends currently serving in the Gulf via the forces postal network.
Many forces have already been in the region for several weeks and while the war seems to be going quite well for the allies, troops are likely to remain in the desert for some time.
But it's important to keep in touch – and we want to do all we can to help.
So send your messages to the troops to us, and we'll ensure they're passed on to the Gulf.
An RAF spokesman welcomed The Evening Star's move and said: "Certainly from the morale side of things this is extremely important."
- 1 Paul Cook sacked by Ipswich Town
- 2 Cycle wands being removed from Ipswich roads
- 3 Former BBC DJ to go live with new station
- 4 Things you should know before visiting Spoon World Buffet and Bar
- 5 Gang jailed for 'horrific' torture attack on man in Ipswich home
- 6 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 7 Delays likely on major Ipswich road as 12 days of roadworks planned
- 8 Matchday Recap: A replay awaits as Town fail to beat Barrow
- 9 'Dedicated and devoted' - tributes paid to retired teacher Annick Smith
- 10 Harsh or fair? Here's what Town fans are saying about Paul Cook sacking
An MOD spokesman said: "This is a very nice gesture to send sent messages to the forces. They always like to receive letters and of course it probably does help with morale.
"The forces are focused on a difficult task out there and knowing that they have got the support of friend and loved ones back home must be a comfort to them."