Stars in their Eyes for Ipswich
STARS In Their Eyes Live has been rescheduled.The stage show of the hit television programme had been due to tour the UK in March and April with a stop off in Ipswich on April 4.
STARS In Their Eyes Live has been rescheduled.
The stage show of the hit television programme had been due to tour the UK in March and April with a stop off in Ipswich on April 4. However, it has now been postponed until October and will instead take to the stage at Ipswich Regent on October 25.
The show will be hosted by Bradley Walsh who will be joined by some of the best winners of the television show. The audience will be invited to vote for their favourite act of the night using an interactive keypad, a brand new innovation in live theatre.
Fans will also be able to use their keypads to choose some of the songs that will be performed on the night and pick particular artists to duet together, meaning Kylie and Elvis could soon be singing their own rendition of Britney's Baby One More Time.
But the show is not only open to former stars of the televised version of Stars In Their Eyes. The tour is also looking for talented youngsters, aged eight to 16, to audition to take part.
Up to five kids, selected at auditions held during the school summer holidays, will perform in front of the live audience at each venue as the pop star of their choice. The audience will cast votes to select one youngster from each theatre who will then be guaranteed a place at the auditions for the Kids Stars In Their Eyes television series. It is a fantastic opportunity as over 100,000 youngsters sent audition tapes in the hope of taking part in the last series but only 75 were called to a screen test.
- 1 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 2 New store opens in California fulfilling owner's dream
- 3 Thousands of cigarettes seized after HMRC officers raid Ipswich stores
- 4 Pensioner who was racially abusive has jail sentence cut
- 5 Online shoppers head to Ipswich for big brands like Primark
- 6 Van driver jailed after A12 crash left motorist with life-changing injuries
- 7 Ipswich man charged with string of motoring offences
- 8 Could American fast food chain Wendy's open a Suffolk restaurant next year?
- 9 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
"Stars In Their Eyes Live will be a great night out with superb family entertainment, audience participation and a showcase for talented young stars of tomorrow," said Bradley Walsh.
"I cannot wait to see which of our Star performers the audience vote to duet together or to share the stage with talented youngsters who might go on to be tomorrow's pop megastars.
"This is a must see show and will be a truly unique experience."
For more information and updates on children's auditions visit www.starsintheireyeslive.co.uk
n Stars In Their Eyes Live will be now be at Ipswich Regent on October 25. Tickets cost £16 and £17.50 and are available at the Central Box Office, Princes Street, Ipswich, by calling 01473 433100 or online at www.ipswich-ents.co.uk