Station flasher avoids jail term
FLASHER Robert Jeffery who was arrested during a raid on a Melton house has escaped a custodial sentence.British Transport Police and Euston CID swooped on the house in November to arrest 33-year-old Jeffrey on suspicion of performing an act of gross indecency in front of a child.
By Jessica Nicholls
FLASHER Robert Jeffery who was arrested during a raid on a Melton house has escaped a custodial sentence.
British Transport Police and Euston CID swooped on the house in November to arrest 33-year-old Jeffrey on suspicion of performing an act of gross indecency in front of a child.
Jeffrey pleaded guilty to the charge at Horseferry Road magistrates in London and has now been given a two-year rehabilitation order.
He has to complete community service as well as a sexual rehabilitation course.
A huge hunt was launched to find Jeffrey, including an appeal on BBC TV's Crimewatch after he committed a sex act in front of a nine-year-old girl as she waited on a railway platform near Euston station.
- 1 Ipswich man charged with string of sexual offences
- 2 Swimming pool at primary school open again after two years
- 3 Could you offer one of these rescue animals their forever home in Suffolk?
- 4 Baby porpoise washes up at Suffolk beach
- 5 Revealed: All the places crimes were reported in Ipswich in April
- 6 Tributes paid to 'calm and caring' grassroots football stalwart 'Mr Exiles'
- 7 7 walks in Suffolk with a stunning view
- 8 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 9 Warning after spate of catalytic converter thefts
- 10 Road closed as emergency services attend two-vehicle crash
She had been waiting with her 19-year-old sister in July last year at Hadley Woods railway station, near Euston for around four or five minutes before the incident happened.
The older girl realised her sister had suddenly become very distressed and saw a man, now known to be Jeffrey, on the platform fondling himself in front of her.
When she screamed Jeffrey ran off up the stairs and was later seen talking and laughing on his mobile phone.
Two detectives from Euston, Detective Constable Alison Mackintosh and Dc Danny Callahan travelled to Suffolk and worked with Ipswich BTP officers after it was revealed Jeffrey was lodging in Melton.