Station flasher avoids jail term
FLASHER Robert Jeffery who was arrested during a raid on a Melton house has escaped a custodial sentence.British Transport Police and Euston CID swooped on the house in November to arrest 33-year-old Jeffrey on suspicion of performing an act of gross indecency in front of a child.
By Jessica Nicholls
FLASHER Robert Jeffery who was arrested during a raid on a Melton house has escaped a custodial sentence.
British Transport Police and Euston CID swooped on the house in November to arrest 33-year-old Jeffrey on suspicion of performing an act of gross indecency in front of a child.
Jeffrey pleaded guilty to the charge at Horseferry Road magistrates in London and has now been given a two-year rehabilitation order.
You may also want to watch:
He has to complete community service as well as a sexual rehabilitation course.
A huge hunt was launched to find Jeffrey, including an appeal on BBC TV's Crimewatch after he committed a sex act in front of a nine-year-old girl as she waited on a railway platform near Euston station.
- 1 Head chef frustrated after 13 'no shows'
- 2 Man arrested after more than 80 vehicles checked on day of action
- 3 Delays expected at A14 Copdock Interchange
- 4 Fire marshals to patrol Waterfront block 24/7 and balconies could be removed
- 5 Burglars crept into Ipswich home while occupant was inside
- 6 Man in 40s rescued from beneath the Orwell Bridge
- 7 'I love it' –shoppers and retailers hope Ipswich street closure is here to stay
- 8 Ipswich street closure could be made permanent under consultation plans
- 9 Rubbish dumped on A14 approach road
- 10 Rogue trader steals money after offering to repair car
She had been waiting with her 19-year-old sister in July last year at Hadley Woods railway station, near Euston for around four or five minutes before the incident happened.
The older girl realised her sister had suddenly become very distressed and saw a man, now known to be Jeffrey, on the platform fondling himself in front of her.
When she screamed Jeffrey ran off up the stairs and was later seen talking and laughing on his mobile phone.
Two detectives from Euston, Detective Constable Alison Mackintosh and Dc Danny Callahan travelled to Suffolk and worked with Ipswich BTP officers after it was revealed Jeffrey was lodging in Melton.