Still time to get tickets to Christmas carol concert at St Mary-Le-Tower church in Ipswich
Christmas is almost upon us and what better way to bring the festive season to life than the Ipswich Star and East Anglian Daily Times carol service.
The seasonal Concert of Carols will be held at Ipswich’s civic church – St Mary-Le-Tower – the Reverend Canon Charles Jenkin and his team hosting the event at the church.
This year’s service starts at 7pm tomorrow (Wednesday) and tickets are now on sale from our office at Portman House in Ipswich (situated on the corner of Princes Street and Portman Road).
They cost £2 per person and the money raised will be donated to the Ipswich-based Teapot Project, recent winners in the Stars of Suffolk Awards.
Ipswich Star editor Brad Jones said: “Our Concert of Carols has always been at the heart of the town’s festive celebrations, and I am delighted that we will be once again in Ipswich’s historic civic church. I’m looking forward to seeing many of our readers at the church.”
He added: “Proceeds will go to the Teapot Project, to continue the great work they are doing in and around Ipswich.
“The project intercepts perfectly edible food from supermarkets and restaurants that would have otherwise been sent to landfill, and distributes it to those in need.”
- 1 9 Ipswich restaurants we wish had never closed
- 2 'Quirky and memorable' name for new café and visitor centre revealed
- 3 New Ipswich council houses and microhomes win awards
- 4 'A lovely green space' - race against time to buy mini-Ipswich woodland
- 5 Ipswich man jailed for three years for attempted robbery
- 6 Gucci items hidden in Asda stores across the country
- 7 Judge reassures town centre is 'open for business' after robbery trial
- 8 Ipswich primary school closed for 'maintenance investigations'
- 9 Major milestone marked as Ipswich Hospital south entrance reopens
- 10 Driver taken to hospital after two vehicle crash near Ipswich train station
Thousands of people a month benefit from meals provided by the Teapot Project.
The singing at tomorrow’s carol service will be led by one of the finest church choirs in the country.
Tickets are on general sale both today and tomorrow from our office at Portman House in Princes, Street, Ipswich.