Have you been to see stock car racing at Foxhall Stadium?
- Credit: Stephen Waller
Foxhall Stadium just outside of Ipswich has played host to a range of motorsports over the years - have you ever been to a stock car race?
The stadium, which is used by the Ipswich Witches speedway team, has attracted fans from across East Anglia ever since it opened in the mid 1950s.
Spedeworth Motorsports manages the venue, which is well-known for hosting the National Hot Rod Championship of the World on the first weekend of every July.
As the cars in the races were no longer used on the road, drivers usually took the chance to decorate their vehicles in eye-catching livery or advertise the name of a company.
Pictures from our archive show participants racing around the 382-metre tarmac track on one of the many events the stadium has hosted.
Our images also show an elaborate stunt that saw a Reliant Robin drive through a line of caravans - causing a huge inferno.
- 1 Emergency services attend Felixstowe bungalow fire
- 2 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 3 'He's a s**t house' - Stanley chairman slams Town skipper Morsy
- 4 Norwood set to stay... despite seven clubs showing interest
- 5 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 6 School's 'greatest ever sporting achievement' could take them to Wembley
- 7 5 places to spot celebrities in Suffolk
- 8 33-year-old found safe after police search
- 9 Do you recognise these old Tolly Cobbold pubs?
- 10 Plasterer who stalked ex-girlfriend is handed restraining order