Looking back at Stoke High School’s 1983 summer fete
- Credit: Archant
We take a look back at a summer fete at Stoke High School in 1983.
Students and staff wore fancy dress and had a bike race to entertain the crowds.
One brave man got put in the stocks and had buckets of freezing cold water thrown over him. This might have been refreshing in light of the sunny weather they appeared to be having back in 1983.
A humourous jousting event took place, on bicycles and using mops to clobber each other with.
The competitors in the joust looked like staff members, perhaps this was a way of the students getting their own back on their teachers.
You may also want to watch:
A lot of the participants on the day were dressed in medieval attire, this appeared to be the theme of the day.
? Do you remember the Stoke High School Fete in 1983? Email email@example.com with your memories.
- 1 Ipswich council faces financial black hole over empty BHS store
- 2 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 3 Suffolk man waits 12 hours for ambulance after suffering stroke
- 4 Felixstowe woman accused of setting fire to caravan and drink driving
- 5 Royal Mail confirms removal of Ipswich postbox
- 6 Arrest warrants issued for men facing sheep charges
- 7 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 8 Ipswich reports England's highest rise in Covid infection rate
- 9 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 10 Budding musician caught with drugs in buttocks is spared prison