Cakes to join cauliflowers at Ipswich’s Community market
- Credit: Archant
Stoke High School are bringing a host of delicious cakes and treats to Ipswich’s community market next week.
The market, which stocks its shelves with freshly picked fruit and vegetables grown at the People’s Community Garden on Halifax Road, will be open for business from 10am to 12.30pm on Friday, September 14.
Green-fingered gardeners have been hard at work growing their produce, which includes jars of the garden’s autumn honey - the last crop until next spring.
Students from Stoke High School will be joining the market, selling cakes and snacks for visitors to enjoy with a cup of tea and a chat.
The next market, at the Cress Pavilion in Halifax Road, is being held on October 5 with a special Christmas market on December 7.
You may also want to watch:
If you would like to hold a stall or get involved with the community market contact ActivGardens development manager Susannah Robirosa on 07530 407302 or Danny Thorrington on 07532 794173
- 1 'An absolute honour' –Ipswich woman crowned Miss Universe Great Britain
- 2 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich
- 3 Ipswich market moves as work starts on Botanist restaurant
- 4 Is a new tenant lined up to move into Ancient House in Ipswich?
- 5 Giant inflatable obstacle course coming to an Ipswich park
- 6 'Don't wait' - People urged to get coronavirus booster
- 7 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 8 Father and son admit keeping banned weapons at Woodbridge home
- 9 Major delays on A12 after five vehicle crash
- 10 Matchday Recap: Blues cruise to victory at Fratton Park