Stolen pontoon ‘used as a boat’ at Ipswich Waterfront
- Credit: Archant
Police were called to reports a pontoon was stolen and used as a boat at Ipswich Waterfront earlier this week.
A member of the public told this newspaper that two people allegedly stole a pontoon and used it as a boat along the waterfront.
Police have confirmed they were alerted to the incident by members of the public on Monday night, but said no criminal damage was found to have been caused.
In a statement issued to this newspaper, a spokesman for Suffolk Constabulary said: “I can confirm we were called at 9.55pm on Monday, and that it was actually a pontoon that was floating along the Orwell.
“Officers attended and it appears no damage was caused.”
You may also want to watch:
The force spokesman said officers arrived at the scene quickly, and that no arrests were made. It does not appear the police officers spoke to any possible suspects at the scene on Monday night.
- 1 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 2 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 3 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 4 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 5 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 6 60-acre logistic park off A14 approved
- 7 Man admits exposing himself to women in park near Felixstowe
- 8 Watchdog upholds mother's complaint about handling of son's special education needs
- 9 High winds close Ipswich festival event temporarily
- 10 Christmas light DJ to open new Ipswich bar