Storage company coming to town
A NATIONAL self-storage company is to open a new centre on the edge of Ipswich.Safestore Self Storage is the largest self-storage company in the UK with more than 90 stores nationwide, and has chosen Quantum Business Park development on the Whitehouse Road Industrial Estate in Ipswich as the location for a new storage centre.
A NATIONAL self-storage company is to open a new centre on the edge of Ipswich.
Safestore Self Storage is the largest self-storage company in the UK with more than 90 stores nationwide, and has chosen Quantum Business Park development on the Whitehouse Road Industrial Estate in Ipswich as the location for a new storage centre.
Construction of the 20,000 sq ft (1,858 sq m) depot commenced in April 2008 and was completed in January.
Earlier this month, Safestore's head of acquisition, Richard Byatt, was presented with keys to the completed centre from Michael Eyres, managing director of site developers Artisan, and Phil Dennis, partner at Strutt & Parker, property agents. Also present was Mark Rodwell of Reader Commercial who acted on behalf of Safestore during the acquisition.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Byatt said the new premises in Ipswich were important for Safestore as its nearest storage centres currently are located in Basildon and Southend, both more than 50 miles away.
“We chose Artisan and their Quantum development because it offered Safestore the opportunity of a high profile development in Ipswich, which historically has been underserved in terms of Self Storage,” he said. “Our new store will provide the local community and businesses with a friendly, secure and convenient storage facility.”
- 1 My frustration at how rude drawings balls up our beaches
- 2 Curve Bar nights out and special events - are you in these photos?
- 3 Yellow weather warning issued for thunderstorms and flooding for next week
- 4 Covid infections mapped: 20 postcode areas report three or more cases
- 5 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 6 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 7 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 8 Inside Ipswich's Blitz-themed tearoom
- 9 Cyclist hurt in crash with car
- 10 It's coming home! Fans across Suffolk celebrate England's win
Quantum is a new 3.72-acre mixed-use business park, comprising the Safestore Self Storage centre, a variety of smaller business units, and forthcoming high-spec office premises.
Safestore Ipswich is due to open to the public in September 2009.