Search

Store giant's probe after candle scare

PUBLISHED: 18:36 18 January 2002 | UPDATED: 11:13 03 March 2010

HIGH street giant Bhs said today that it will be launching an investigation after a Suffolk housewife raised concerns about the safety of a product.

The woman had a narrow escape when a candle set fire to its container after being left unattended for ten minutes.

HIGH street giant Bhs said today that it will be launching an investigation after a Suffolk housewife raised concerns about the safety of a product.

The woman had a narrow escape when a candle set fire to its container after being left unattended for ten minutes.

The Hintlesham housewife is now calling for the scented tealights she brought from Bhs in Ipswich to be pulled from the shelves in case somebody gets hurt.

Her warning comes just months after teenagers William Stokes and Rob Giles died in a blaze in Felixstowe which could have been started by candles.

Shockingly in less than four years five people have perished in house fires in which candles are believed to have been the cause of the blaze.

See tonight's Evening Star for full story.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Ipswich Star

Hot Jobs

Show Job Lists