Store giant's probe after candle scare

HIGH street giant Bhs said today that it will be launching an investigation after a Suffolk housewife raised concerns about the safety of a product.The woman had a narrow escape when a candle set fire to its container after being left unattended for ten minutes.

By Tina Heath

HIGH street giant Bhs said today that it will be launching an investigation after a Suffolk housewife raised concerns about the safety of a product.

The woman had a narrow escape when a candle set fire to its container after being left unattended for ten minutes.

The Hintlesham housewife is now calling for the scented tealights she brought from Bhs in Ipswich to be pulled from the shelves in case somebody gets hurt.


You may also want to watch:


Her warning comes just months after teenagers William Stokes and Rob Giles died in a blaze in Felixstowe which could have been started by candles.

Shockingly in less than four years five people have perished in house fires in which candles are believed to have been the cause of the blaze.

Most Read

See tonight's Evening Star for full story.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus