Store in Ellenbrook Green targeted by ram raiders who used van to smash their way in at 3.20am
- Credit: Su Anderson
A shop has been left damaged by ram raiders who struck early today in Ipswich.
The store in Ellenbrook Green was targeted at 3.20am, a police spokesman said.
It appears a van has been used to strike the front of the shop to gain entry, leaving a door and window damaged.
The spokesman added the raiders got inside and stole the shop’s till containing a cash float.
The van used was a small blue vehicle described as similar to a Ford Transit. After the raid it was driven off at high speed in the direction of the Belstead Arms public house.
You may also want to watch:
The suspects are described as a white man and a black man, both wearing dark clothing.
An investigation has been launched to find the culprits and anyone with information about the crime is asked to call Ipswich CID on 101 quoting incident number IW/15/3140, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 2 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 3 Christmas light DJ to open new Ipswich bar
- 4 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 5 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 6 'Horror movie script' - Waterfront lounge bar plans rejected again
- 7 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
- 8 Watchdog upholds mother's complaint about handling of son's special education needs
- 9 Felixstowe to get £1million 'beach village' with new attractions
- 10 60-acre logistic park off A14 approved