Storm Ciara set to bring chaos as parks closed and events cancelled
- Credit: Archant
Parks and landmarks across Suffolk have announced they will be closed tomorrow, as 70mph winds are expected to hit the county.
Alongside the closure of attractions and the Orwell Bridge, many events planned for Sunday have also been cancelled due to fears for safety.
This includes the new Spectacle of Light display at Haughley Park near Stowmarket.
What has been affected so far?
-Bury St Edmunds Farmers Market. Organisers have cancelled the popular market, saying that stallholder and customer safety had to come first.
-Sutton Hoo has also confirmed that it will be closed on Sunday with its planned close-up photography workshop also cancelled.
-Mannings Market, Felixstowe will not be taking place this weekend.
- 1 Appeal to find 33-year-old missing man
- 2 Plasterer who stalked ex-girlfriend is handed restraining order
- 3 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 4 Hank's Deli closes its doors but remembers food bank
- 5 School's 'greatest ever sporting achievement' could take them to Wembley
- 6 Drug addict stole £7,000 from safe at auction house
- 7 Nursing class looking to reunite after four decades
- 8 Matchday Live: Chaplin wins it as Town claim three points
- 9 Town to gather to remember flood victims 69 years on
- 10 Five-bedroom home with 'beautiful countryside views' on market for £800K
-Alton Water will be closed from 4pm on Saturday February 8 and all day on Sunday - an inspection will be then held on Monday.
-Alton Water Frostbite, the latest edition of the sailing event has fallen foul of the weather. Extra races are planned in upcoming weeks to make up.
-High Lodge in Brandon will be closed all day on Sunday for the safety of visitors and staff.
-The Festival of Light at Haughley Park have announced they will be shut on Sunday - tickets will be valid for any of the other days it is open.
-The National Trust's Icworth estate will be closed on Sunday, this will include the West Wing. The estate will then be assessed on Monday morning.
-Suffolk FA have announced that all youth and adult Suffolk County Cup fixtures planned for tomorrow have been cancelled.
Has your event been cancelled by Storm Ciara? Get in touch.