Ipswich bin collections could be affected by Storm Gareth, council warns
- Credit: ARCHANT
Residents have been warned bin collections could be disrupted today as Storm Gareth causes havoc on the roads.
With Storm Gareth forecasted to bring 60mph winds to Suffolk, Highways England has already made the decision to close the Orwell Bridge.
It was announced that the bridge would shut at around 8am this morning in both directions between junctions 56 and 57. Drivers have been urged to consider other routes and to expect delays.
Ipswich bin crews started their collections early this morning but the service is expected to be badly affected by the increased traffic congestion.
An Ipswich Borough Council spokesman said: “Our bin crews were out first thing as usual but any heavy build-up of traffic will have an effect, so residents are asked to be patient.
You may also want to watch:
The council has also closed all major parks in Ipswich this morning as a safety precaution.
- 1 Covid vaccines cancelled at four Suffolk centres today – this is why
- 2 Good Inside cafe opens for 'real food' takeaways in Ipswich town centre
- 3 Three fined for breaching Covid rules at 'gathering' after reports of loud music
- 4 Murder probe launched after woman in 20s dies in Colchester
- 5 What was unearthed during the BBC's Antiques Roadshow Ipswich episode?
- 6 Ipswich child rapist gets 21 years for 'despicable' crimes
- 7 Man 'moved on' for eating sausage roll on Ipswich park bench
- 8 Warning after distraction thefts at supermarkets
- 9 Huge numbers of Covid vaccine bookings in Suffolk
- 10 New cheese afternoon tea launched in Suffolk