Stowfest set to return
ORGANISERS of the 2008 StowFest have today announced this year's line up and a third performing stage.Organised by Stowmarket Town Council, the second annual free festival, which takes place on May 25, will include three stages and take place from midday on the Stowmarket recreation ground.
ORGANISERS of the 2008 StowFest have today announced this year's line up and a third performing stage.
Organised by Stowmarket Town Council, the second annual free festival, which takes place on May 25, will include three stages and take place from midday on the Stowmarket recreation ground.
Last year's event attracted a 5,000-strong crowd.
Public services manager, Daniel Harvey said: “We've got a cracking line up on the Buildbase Main Stage with some big names from the local music scene covering a wide range of musical styles.
You may also want to watch:
“We decided to add an acoustic stage this time round in order to give a more chilled alternative to the other two stages and again we've got some big local names appearing on that stage too.”
The event will again include The Amplitude Stage that will showcase young bands from the Amplitude workshops around the area - some as young as 11.
- 1 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 2 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 3 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 4 First look inside Ipswich's new Geek Retreat games cafe
- 5 'It's like we're in the stone age' - Homophobic abuse halts LGBT+ parties
- 6 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 7 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 8 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 9 Major Ipswich road partially blocked after crash involving Audi and Mercedes
- 10 Man accused of Ipswich stabbing refuses to leave cell to enter plea
Amplitude acts will also open the main stage as well as feature on the acoustic stage.
Mr Harvey added: “There is a charity fundraising element to StowFest with all proceeds from programme sales and the hire of commercial pitches being donated to Operation Santa Claus.
“In addition, a StowFest compilation CD is being put together featuring acts that are appearing at the event. The CD will be on sale on the day with proceeds being donated to the same charity.”
As well as the music, there will be a funfair and various stalls and attractions at the event.
Are you a fan of StowFest? Write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN or send an e-mail to email@example.com
To find out more information on StowFest at www.stowfest.co.uk .
Buildbase Main Stage is
OverTheSun (powerpop / rock)
SGR Competition Winner
Small Town Bullies (funk)
The Vagaband (country rock / alternative)
The Ron Sayer Band (blues / rock)
Groove Cartel (funk / soul)
FuzzFace (hammond driven rock)
The Ballistics (ska / punk / reggae)
Mohawk (rock / alternative / progressive)
The Mid Suffolk in Action Partnership (MAP) acoustic stage
Tom Parkes , Black Flowers , Songs From The Blue House , Hannah Scott , Marina Florance , Ragged String Band , Darwyn .
Midday - 3.00pm
In For The Kill
Riot Till We Win
3pm - 6pm
Used To Be Blonde