Stowfest set to return
ORGANISERS of the 2008 StowFest have today announced this year's line up and a third performing stage.Organised by Stowmarket Town Council, the second annual free festival, which takes place on May 25, will include three stages and take place from midday on the Stowmarket recreation ground.
ORGANISERS of the 2008 StowFest have today announced this year's line up and a third performing stage.
Organised by Stowmarket Town Council, the second annual free festival, which takes place on May 25, will include three stages and take place from midday on the Stowmarket recreation ground.
Last year's event attracted a 5,000-strong crowd.
Public services manager, Daniel Harvey said: “We've got a cracking line up on the Buildbase Main Stage with some big names from the local music scene covering a wide range of musical styles.
“We decided to add an acoustic stage this time round in order to give a more chilled alternative to the other two stages and again we've got some big local names appearing on that stage too.”
The event will again include The Amplitude Stage that will showcase young bands from the Amplitude workshops around the area - some as young as 11.
- 1 Suffolk campsite named among the best in the UK by the Guardian
- 2 Woman injured after car flips on its roof near Ipswich
- 3 Developer criticised for 'failing to meet obligations'
- 4 Company fined £12,000 for repeatedly failing to clear Ipswich flat's waste
- 5 Men convicted of kidnap and rape of Ipswich girl
- 6 Forbidden Suffolk: 6 places you can't visit in the county
- 7 Weather warning for Suffolk as thunderstorms expected to affect travel
- 8 'Blood rain' could fall this week as thunderstorms move in
- 9 Food review: ‘The Botanist in Ipswich lives up to the hype’
- 10 Fencing around historic Trimley station causes scare for local community
Amplitude acts will also open the main stage as well as feature on the acoustic stage.
Mr Harvey added: “There is a charity fundraising element to StowFest with all proceeds from programme sales and the hire of commercial pitches being donated to Operation Santa Claus.
“In addition, a StowFest compilation CD is being put together featuring acts that are appearing at the event. The CD will be on sale on the day with proceeds being donated to the same charity.”
As well as the music, there will be a funfair and various stalls and attractions at the event.
Are you a fan of StowFest? Write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN or send an e-mail to email@example.com
To find out more information on StowFest at www.stowfest.co.uk .
Buildbase Main Stage is
OverTheSun (powerpop / rock)
SGR Competition Winner
Small Town Bullies (funk)
The Vagaband (country rock / alternative)
The Ron Sayer Band (blues / rock)
Groove Cartel (funk / soul)
FuzzFace (hammond driven rock)
The Ballistics (ska / punk / reggae)
Mohawk (rock / alternative / progressive)
The Mid Suffolk in Action Partnership (MAP) acoustic stage
Tom Parkes , Black Flowers , Songs From The Blue House , Hannah Scott , Marina Florance , Ragged String Band , Darwyn .
Midday - 3.00pm
In For The Kill
Riot Till We Win
3pm - 6pm
Used To Be Blonde