Stowmarket/Ipswich: Crews called to two car fires in space of a couple of minutes
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters extinguished two car blazes in the early hours – with one suspected to be suspicious.
A crew from Stowmarket were called to Poplar Hill in the town at 1.29am.
Two sets of breathing apparatus were used to get close to the fire which was under control by 1.50am.
The second call was for a crew from Princes Street, in Ipswich, to Raeburn Road South in the town at 1.37am.
Again breathing apparatus were worn; with the fire out by 1.55am.
You may also want to watch:
Police are treating this fire as suspicious.
- 1 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 2 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 3 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 4 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 5 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 6 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 7 First look inside Ipswich's new Geek Retreat games cafe
- 8 Man caused £26k worth of damage after setting fire to van and car
- 9 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 10 'It's like we're in the stone age' - Homophobic abuse halts LGBT+ parties