Stowmarket: Man, 25, sentenced to four years behind bars after he wanted to take young boys to a forest and tie them up
- Credit: Archant
A man has been sentenced to four years’ imprisonment after conspiring to abduct a child.
Ryan Jameson, 25, from Hall Road, Stowmarket appeared before Ipswich Crown Court today after pleading guilty to conspiracy to abduct a child, two counts of breach of a Sexual Offences Prevention Order and five counts of making indecent images of children at an earlier hearing in February.
The charges relate to incidents which happened in June 2013.
Officers attended Jameson’s home and after seizing computer equipment and mobile data, found evidence of a two way conversation in an internet chatroom between Jameson and another person where he talked about taking young boys to a forest and tying them up.
Indecent images of children were also found on his computer.
Jameson was arrested and later charged with suspicion of conspiracy to kidnap, two counts of breach of a Sexual Offences Prevention Order and five counts of making indecent images of children.
Jameson pleaded guilty to conspiracy to abduct a child and the other charges on February 12.
- 1 Ipswich man charged with string of sexual offences
- 2 Could you offer one of these rescue animals their forever home in Suffolk?
- 3 Revealed: All the places crimes were reported in Ipswich in April
- 4 Tributes paid to 'calm and caring' grassroots football stalwart 'Mr Exiles'
- 5 Popular Ipswich motorcycle show to return for 30th year
- 6 Swimming pool at primary school open again after two years
- 7 'They saved our boy's life' - Fundraiser for hospital that helped little Rocco
- 8 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 9 7 walks in Suffolk with a stunning view
- 10 Baby porpoise washes up at Suffolk beach
Speaking after sentencing DC Suzanna Newell said: “Jameson’s sentencing today is a welcome result, the conversation found on his computer between himself and another individual, who has not been identified, was particularly disturbing and showed that he had a desire to abduct young boys and tie them up.
“Hopefully today’s sentencing will give some assurance to people that we will pursue individuals and seek justice.”