Stowmarket man and woman charged with GBH in Ipswich
A man and a woman are due to appear in court after being accused of grievous bodily harm on a young man in Ipswich town centre.
Tanya Zarkos, 24, of Hill Rise, Stowmarket, and Jonathan O’Connor, 31, of Stowupland Street, Stowmarket, were charged last week after answering their police bails.
The charges arose out of an inquiry into an incident in Rose Lane, near the junction with St Peter’s Street, at around 3.15pm on Saturday, June 13.
At the time police said a man had been struck in the head with an object which caused a number of lacerations.
Rose Lane was cordoned off by officers shortly after the incident.
The East of England Ambulance Service was called to attend the victim, who was seen by passers-by lying in the middle of the road.
He was subsequently taken to Ipswich Hospital.
- 1 Cannabis dealer jailed after being caught with drugs in Range Rover
- 2 What time will the Red Arrows be flying over Suffolk this weekend?
- 3 Revealed: The top serious crash hotspots in Ipswich
- 4 Neighbours raised alarm after man not seen for several days
- 5 Suffolk M&S stores to stay open as Colchester shop closes down
- 6 Man who attacked partner after she travelled 10 hours to see him is jailed
- 7 Planning application for new Taco Bell in Ipswich expected 'imminently'
- 8 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 9 Teenage boys arrested after police seize suspected class A drugs in Ipswich
- 10 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
Zarkos and O’Connor are due to make their first court appearances on the charge at South East Suffolk Magistrates Court in Ipswich on December 22.
Both are currently on bail.