Stowmarket man and woman charged with GBH in Ipswich
A man and a woman are due to appear in court after being accused of grievous bodily harm on a young man in Ipswich town centre.
Tanya Zarkos, 24, of Hill Rise, Stowmarket, and Jonathan O’Connor, 31, of Stowupland Street, Stowmarket, were charged last week after answering their police bails.
The charges arose out of an inquiry into an incident in Rose Lane, near the junction with St Peter’s Street, at around 3.15pm on Saturday, June 13.
At the time police said a man had been struck in the head with an object which caused a number of lacerations.
Rose Lane was cordoned off by officers shortly after the incident.
You may also want to watch:
The East of England Ambulance Service was called to attend the victim, who was seen by passers-by lying in the middle of the road.
He was subsequently taken to Ipswich Hospital.
- 1 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 2 Farmfoods set to move in as Aldi confirms closure of store on Ipswich estate
- 3 Man and woman arrested after Ipswich stabbing
- 4 70-year-old woman arrested in connection with human trafficking offences
- 5 Pair who hid murderer are among trio jailed for running drug syndicate
- 6 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 7 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 8 Life sentence for Hartshorne-Jones who shot wife dead at home
- 9 Could Ipswich Debenhams become hub for health and leisure?
- 10 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich
Zarkos and O’Connor are due to make their first court appearances on the charge at South East Suffolk Magistrates Court in Ipswich on December 22.
Both are currently on bail.