Stowmarket man charged with drug-driving after 4x4 crashes into Ipswich shop and cafe
- Credit: Archant
A man has been charged with drug-driving after his vehicle which was towing a boat crashed into a café and wedding shop in Ipswich.
Simon Gale, of Charles Industrial Estate, Stowmarket,is facing three accusations following the incident in Norwich Road on June 16.
Police, ambulance and fire crews were called to O Portuguese café and Just a Day Bridalwear on the corner with Orford Street at around 10am.
A Mitsubishi Shogun pulling a boat on a trailer was being driven out of town when it was involved in the accident.
Gale was arrested and originally taken to hospital as a precaution. He was subsequently interviewed by police before being released on bail, pending further enquiries.
You may also want to watch:
Tim Cracknell, a spokesman for Suffolk Constabulary, said officers have now charged the 44-year-old with driving without due care and attention, producing a controlled drug of Class B – cannabis, and driving a vehicle with a specified drug above the specified limit.
Gail is currently on police bail until the first hearing of his case before South East Suffolk Magistrates Court on Tuesday next week.
- 1 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 2 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 3 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 4 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 5 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 6 70-year-old woman arrested in connection with human trafficking offences
- 7 Man accused of Ipswich stabbing refuses to leave cell to enter plea
- 8 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 9 Life sentence for Hartshorne-Jones who shot wife dead at home
- 10 Man and woman arrested after Ipswich stabbing