Strange stories win award
TALL tales and outlandish stories have been told in Ipswich.Two public speaking clubs from Suffolk squared up against each other in an effort to give the most amusing story of the evening.
TALL tales and outlandish stories have been told in Ipswich.
Two public speaking clubs from Suffolk squared up against each other in an effort to give the most amusing story of the evening.
The six tall tales competitors from Ipswich Electrifiers and Martlesham's Speak Easy covered topics from alien abduction to invisible tanks and also included a take on the famous Blackadder television series.
Teresa Dukes from the Speak Easy club, which won the competition thanks to a story about holidays afloat from member Dave Nightingale, said: “The evening was really rather humorous and we were all laughing in the aisles.”
You may also want to watch:
For more information about either of the clubs, which are part of the international Toastmasters speaking organisation, visit www.ipswichelectrifiers.org.uk or www.speakeasyatmartlesham.co.uk.
Have you got a funny story to tell? Write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich IP4 1AN or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 2 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 3 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 4 First look inside Ipswich's new Geek Retreat games cafe
- 5 'It's like we're in the stone age' - Homophobic abuse halts LGBT+ parties
- 6 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 7 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 8 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 9 Major Ipswich road partially blocked after crash involving Audi and Mercedes
- 10 Man accused of Ipswich stabbing refuses to leave cell to enter plea