Straw fire at farm
FIREFIGHTERS discovered three tonnes of straw on fire when they were called to a blaze in Kirton today.The fire at a farm on Park Lane started around 9am and once the firefighters were on the scene they used farm machinery to help put out the fire.
FIREFIGHTERS used farm machinery to put out a straw blaze on a Suffolk farm.
The fire involved three tonnes of straw at a farm on Park Lane in Kirton at around 9am yesterday.
No-one was injured in the incident and it is not being treated as suspicious.
Later in the day at around 11.15am, crews were called to a van on fire in Felix Road in Ipswich.
A spokesman for Suffolk Fire and Rescue said the fire was believed to have been started maliciously but that no one was hurt.
- 1 Take a look inside 15th Century farmhouse near Ipswich up for sale
- 2 Jailed in Suffolk: The county's criminals locked up in the last week
- 3 Missing 13-year-old boy from Hadleigh found safe
- 4 BrewDog, The Botanist and other reasons to be positive about Ipswich town centre
- 5 Empty Ipswich office block could become new flats
- 6 Tattingstone 'suitcase murder': 'Never too late' say police on 55th anniversary
- 7 Take a look inside new Ipswich restaurant that makes pizza the 'proper way'
- 8 Interactive map reveals the Suffolk postcodes with the highest Covid rates
- 9 Is Ipswich really England's oldest town? Experts give their view
- 10 House of Tweed leaves Ipswich after Christmas season