Ipswich street parties under way to celebrate the Queen's platinum jubilee
- Credit: Sarah Lucy Brown
Nearly 200 street parties are taking place across Suffolk this bank holiday weekend, celebrating the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee.
Many are on Sunday, but today residents of Brookfield Road in Ipswich got into the party spirit.
Many were dressed in flag-themed outfits, creating a great atmosphere in the road.
Meanwhile, Mornington Avenue residents have already decorated the street and are ready for Saturday’s celebration.
The organisers prepared numerous games and quizzes, as well as BBQ and afternoon tea. The party is starting at 1pm.
The residents will be celebrating the Jubilee with the accompaniment of music from all the years of the Queen's reign.
The Mornington Avenue street party organisers estimate that more than 150 residents will celebrate with them tomorrow.
- 1 'Tons' of water leaking from burst water main as people urged to avoid road
- 2 A14 near Ipswich remains partially closed after fire breaks out
- 3 Mum-of-four organises uniform pop-up market
- 4 Weather warning as thunderstorms expected to hit Suffolk after heatwave
- 5 From Ipswich to LA: 20-year-old Suffolk singer's meteoric rise
- 6 Matchday Recap: How Town's 3-0 win against MK unfolded
- 7 Man wanted in connection with Ipswich assault arrested
- 8 35 more of Suffolk’s oldest surnames – is yours on the list?
- 9 Police cordon in place outside former Grimwades store in Ipswich
- 10 Ipswich coffee shop owner receives award from PM
Suffolk County Council approved 148 applications for smaller residential street parties and 37 applications for larger events managed by local authorities that will take place this weekend.