Strictly Come Dancing star Robin Windsor backs Lowestoft boxer Anthony Ogogo to claim Glitterball
- Credit: PA
Ipswich’s Strictly Come Dancing star Robin Windsor has backed Lowestoft boxer Anthony Ogogo to deliver a knockout blow to all his Strictly rivals and claim the Glitterball title.
The London 2012 bronze medallist was paired with new professional dancer Otlile Mabuse during the BBC1 celebrity ballroom launch show on Saturday night.
And Robin, a former professional dancer on the show who will be interviewing contestants on Strictly panel show It Takes Two, backed the duo to take the gold – even against pre-show favourite singer Peter Andre, who was paired with Janette Manrara.
He said: “Historically, boxers have done really well because they have got great, fast footwork and hopefully he will be able to bring that to the dancefloor. Otlile is going to be great with him. She has got so much rhythm. They are going to be a force to be reckoned with.
“I have got to remain unbiased, but Suffolk backed me and we have got to back our own.
You may also want to watch:
“But Peter Andre is going to be fantastic. I’m sure we are going to get to see those very famous abs throughout the series, and he has got a great partner in Janette, who made the semi-finals last year.”
He added: “Strictly has been going from strength to strength and this year is going to be no exception. There is always that competition with the X Factor, but Strictly has that extra special quality about it for all the family.
- 1 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 2 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 3 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 4 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 5 70-year-old woman arrested in connection with human trafficking offences
- 6 Man and woman arrested after Ipswich stabbing
- 7 Life sentence for Hartshorne-Jones who shot wife dead at home
- 8 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 9 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 10 Farmfoods set to move in as Aldi confirms closure of store on Ipswich estate
“For me, it’s great to be back and I’m looking forward to seeing the other side of it, talking about the contestants, interviewing them – I think it is going to be really interesting but also challenging.”