Strictly Come Dancing star Robin Windsor backs Lowestoft boxer Anthony Ogogo to claim Glitterball
- Credit: PA
Ipswich’s Strictly Come Dancing star Robin Windsor has backed Lowestoft boxer Anthony Ogogo to deliver a knockout blow to all his Strictly rivals and claim the Glitterball title.
The London 2012 bronze medallist was paired with new professional dancer Otlile Mabuse during the BBC1 celebrity ballroom launch show on Saturday night.
And Robin, a former professional dancer on the show who will be interviewing contestants on Strictly panel show It Takes Two, backed the duo to take the gold – even against pre-show favourite singer Peter Andre, who was paired with Janette Manrara.
He said: “Historically, boxers have done really well because they have got great, fast footwork and hopefully he will be able to bring that to the dancefloor. Otlile is going to be great with him. She has got so much rhythm. They are going to be a force to be reckoned with.
“I have got to remain unbiased, but Suffolk backed me and we have got to back our own.
“But Peter Andre is going to be fantastic. I’m sure we are going to get to see those very famous abs throughout the series, and he has got a great partner in Janette, who made the semi-finals last year.”
He added: “Strictly has been going from strength to strength and this year is going to be no exception. There is always that competition with the X Factor, but Strictly has that extra special quality about it for all the family.
- 1 Revealed: The most popular Suffolk fish and chip shop
- 2 New independent baby shop opens in Ipswich
- 3 Village suffers power cut for 7 hours after vehicle hits electricity pole
- 4 Man used drawstring from JD Sports bag to drag woman to the ground
- 5 Goat dies and ponies injured after dog attack
- 6 'Fresh and timeless' Greek cuisine comes to Ipswich
- 7 Final homes in 75-house development to go on sale
- 8 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 9 Suffolk man collapsed at friend's home
- 10 Man was allegedly battered to death in Ipswich guest house, jury hears
“For me, it’s great to be back and I’m looking forward to seeing the other side of it, talking about the contestants, interviewing them – I think it is going to be really interesting but also challenging.”